No announcement yet.

Ohio school shooting : 3rd youth dies.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbpoetree View Post
    OMG...wow.....yeah lets get rid of guns altogether than ur so smart.....wait then u better get rid of rope, knifes, forks, and anything else that can kill another man...cause its not the man that kills its the weapons...stfu

You don't think there is a problem with gun control in America?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
      None of those things can kill the way guns can ridiculous comparisons.
      the point is....GUNS dont make people want to kill other people......there not like "oh, i have a gun i need to kill someone" no....people want to kill others and point is and no denying that if we didnt have guns...they would find other ways to get it done....like bombs etc...hell look at it as at least guns only kill or mostly only kill the people entended to kill....u'd rather lose guns and have bombs go off killing everyone???

Comment

Originally posted by *Boss Lady* View Post
        I think there is a bigger problem with people raising little *****es who don't want to settle there differences with their fists....

Comment

the point is....GUNS dont make people want to kill other people......there not like "oh, i have a gun i need to kill someone" no....people want to kill others and point is and no denying that if we didnt have guns...they would find other ways to get it done....like bombs etc...hell look at it as at least guns only kill or mostly only kill the people entended to kill....u'd rather lose guns and have bombs go off killing everyone???
          updated 6/2/2007 4:47:26 AM ET 2007-06-02T08:47:26
          Print Font: +-MANILA, Philippines — A man armed with a 21-inch-long knife killed 10 people, including seven children, and wounded 14 others in a rampage early Saturday in a central Philippine province, police said.

Only on msnbc.com TODAY
          Meet the team behind ‘The Artist’ .
          Joe Klamar / AFP - Getty Images
          Pakistan celebrates first Oscar win .

Thieves target tax returns .
          Law would let parents see kids' text messages

'Tent City' jail gets number 'served' sign .
          Iran silences critics ahead of elections
          EPA
          We're eating out less, opting for chains more .
          ..The man first attacked and wounded five members of his cousin’s family with whom he lived in a remote village outside Calbayog city in central Samar province at around 2 a.m. local time, said Senior Police Officer Jessie Gianan, desk officer at the Calbayog police station. Two of the cousin’s sons, aged 5 and 7, died later at a hospital, he said.

The man then barged into a neighbor’s house, where he stabbed and hacked to death a 37-year-old pregnant woman and her three daughters and two sons, aged 1 to 9. Two daughters survived, Gianan said by telephone.

He entered two other homes where five people were sleeping, killing two men, and then returned to a wake where he had been drinking earlier and attacked everyone in his path, Gianan said.

A total of 14 people were wounded, he said.

The man then surrendered to another villager who turned him over to the authorities. It was not immediately clear what prompted the rampage.

The pregnant woman’s husband apparently quarreled earlier with the assailant at the wake. The husband, a fisherman, was at the Calbayog fishing port when the attack occurred, a niece of the woman said by telephone from a local funeral parlor. She gave no other details.

BUT HEY THIS CANT B TRUE CAUSE KNIFES CANT KILL LIKE GUNS

Comment

That is the point. If there is an object or machine that allows people to kill others at the flick of their finger, that's not good for society.

People will always want to kill each other but to give them the tools in order to do it isn't very smart.

I agree you can't avoid violence and murders but you can avoid mass murders which only happen with guns.

Those two kids in Columbine would have never been able to do that with anything but a gun. Same with the dude from Virginia Tech, they were mentally ill and had the availability to guns.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
              Will the USA now enact gun control?
              First, define gun control. Because people have different opinions of what this means.

Not that long ago, a woman whos husband just died of cancer, had somebody attempt to rob her, knowing that she was a single mother. She had a newborn baby upstairs. She waited at the door until the guy busted in and blew him away with a shotgun.

That's what guns are for.

Comment

Originally posted by *Boss Lady* View Post
                YES, there is a big prob w gun control....not everyone has one....lil ****ers would think twice if they knew EVERYONE had a gun....its the whole reason why we didnt get invaded after Pearl Harbor...their comments were everyone has a gun its not just an army of guns but a whole nation with guns...they were scared

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                  I think there is a bigger problem with people raising little *****es who don't want to settle there differences with their fists....
                  I completely agree with you that it starts at home. Parents not raising their children right or being careless and leaving guns in an unsafe fashion, but at the same time, guns are too accessible to the general public.

Did you know that most of the guns on the streets in Canada come from the States? Smuggled across the border and are now our problem? This is off of the RCMP website:

Purpose

This Criminal Intelligence Brief provides an overview of the current trends in firearms trafficking and smuggling in Canada and the impact on law enforcement personnel.

Key Findings

The United States is the primary source for smuggled firearms or firearms parts entering Canada, due in part to its close proximity, differences in gun control legislation, and a large firearms manufacturing base.
                  There are larger amounts of firearms being seized per investigation, and this trend is expected to continue.
                  Firearms choices are influenced by rural or urban settings, and vary according to the region of Canada in which they are being used.
                  There is an inconsistent collection of information relating to the seizure of firearms.

Background

The United States is the primary source for smuggled firearms or firearms parts into Canada -- due in part to its close proximity, differences in gun control legislation, and a large firearms manufacturing base. According to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), in 2006, 96 per cent of all firearms seized originated in or transited through the United States. The majority of these seizures occurred at land border ports of entry, and were from private and/or commercial vehicles of legitimate U.S. travelers, especially hunters and truckers, who failed to declare these firearms. In addition, in 2006 there were 32 firearms seized between ports of entry, as compared to 12 in 2005. CBSA also reported a small quantity of guns being smuggled into Canada from various other countries, including Belgium, Switzerland, Georgia and China and Hong Kong.

Comment

updated 6/2/2007 4:47:26 AM ET 2007-06-02T08:47:26
                    Print Font: +-MANILA, Philippines — A man armed with a 21-inch-long knife killed 10 people, including seven children, and wounded 14 others in a rampage early Saturday in a central Philippine province, police said.

Only on msnbc.com TODAY
                    Meet the team behind ‘The Artist’ .
                    Joe Klamar / AFP - Getty Images
                    Pakistan celebrates first Oscar win .

Thieves target tax returns .
                    Law would let parents see kids' text messages

'Tent City' jail gets number 'served' sign .
                    Iran silences critics ahead of elections
                    EPA
                    We're eating out less, opting for chains more .
                    ..The man first attacked and wounded five members of his cousin’s family with whom he lived in a remote village outside Calbayog city in central Samar province at around 2 a.m. local time, said Senior Police Officer Jessie Gianan, desk officer at the Calbayog police station. Two of the cousin’s sons, aged 5 and 7, died later at a hospital, he said.

The man then barged into a neighbor’s house, where he stabbed and hacked to death a 37-year-old pregnant woman and her three daughters and two sons, aged 1 to 9. Two daughters survived, Gianan said by telephone.

He entered two other homes where five people were sleeping, killing two men, and then returned to a wake where he had been drinking earlier and attacked everyone in his path, Gianan said.

A total of 14 people were wounded, he said.

The man then surrendered to another villager who turned him over to the authorities. It was not immediately clear what prompted the rampage.

The pregnant woman’s husband apparently quarreled earlier with the assailant at the wake. The husband, a fisherman, was at the Calbayog fishing port when the attack occurred, a niece of the woman said by telephone from a local funeral parlor. She gave no other details.

BUT HEY THIS CANT B TRUE CAUSE KNIFES CANT KILL LIKE GUNS
                    You can always find amazing stories like this but let me ask you something, would you rather have someone attack you with a knife or gun?

If there is some crazy dude stabbing people at the mall, I can run away or defend myself with something like a stick or even a broom.

If someone walks into the mall with a gun, there's nothing you can do. You can't outrun bullets, you can't defend yourself unless you have a gun.

Guns kill, I know I seen it happen many times where I grew up.

Comment

Pfft everyone knows rap culture and violent video games are responsible for violence in school.

I say we ban violent video games and chemically sterilize anyone who doesn't graduate high school.

Comment

Working...
                      X