Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lou DiBella:F##kin boxing NERDS (and I am one) don't pay the f##kin bills!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Boxzilla- View Post
    well u coulda fooled me with some of the matchups hbo been allowing on the air ... namely one just recently with alvarez vs hattton.
    I said it's not HBO's job, I'm not saying they haven't or won't do it. Alvarez-Hatton stunk and I don't understand how a casual fan who is not a nationalist really cared about that fight.

Comment

Could you imagine if the NFL was like boxing.

No the Patriots aren't going to play the Chargers, too much risk/reward. They'd rather take on the raiders, yeah the raiders kinda suck, but they've got a big fan base. People want to see them against the Colts, but we're going to wait on the colts game, let them Beat the Raiders, then maybe the Cardinals, and get some more exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
        Could you imagine if the NFL was like boxing.

No the Patriots aren't going to play the Chargers, too much risk/reward. They'd rather take on the raiders, yeah the raiders kinda suck, but they've got a big fan base. People want to see them against the Colts, but we're going to wait on the colts game, let them Beat the Raiders, then maybe the Cardinals, and get some more exposure.
        If the NFL was like boxing there would be a season next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
          Who knows sergiy dzinziruk?
          good point..i was just about to post that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
            I said it's not HBO's job, I'm not saying they haven't or won't do it. Alvarez-Hatton stunk and I don't understand how a casual fan who is not a nationalist really cared about that fight.
            but im saying it seems like it is of late ... theyve been putting on a ton of mismatches to sell us a product. they do it with many fighters but sergio's been fighting tough op and now lou wants a gimmie where he will look good and build a little more base. that would hopfully give lou time to put together something bigger ... at least thats what hes been suggesting hes trying to do from intereviws etc that ive heard

Comment

I really hate mismatches on HBO and Showtime.
              Leave that S#!T on GB Fight Club and Top Rank Live, and the occasional FNFs. People pay additional money for HBO and showtime and there are only so many boxing dates, stop disrespecting the consumer with that bullpuckey.

Actually Top Rank live started off really good, but then kinda went so so.

Godzilla vs The Flyswatter... well the flyswatter is undefeated against small insects, and Godzilla was taken out by an electrical line and an army.

Should be a good match, although alot of people speculate on whether the flyswatter has what it takes in the power department to hang with godzilla.

Well Bob, it all depends on what godzilla we see this evening. The one who blows fire and eats tanks, or the one that loses focus and steps into traps.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
                Actually Top Rank live started off really good, but then kinda went so so.
                The best Top Rank Live cards are those that are only on Fox Deportes and not on the regional networks. While every Fox Sports regional network was re-airing the lame Davis-Sierra fight from a month ago, Fox Deportes was showing a live Roman Gonzalez fight.

Comment

This is why he made Martinez duck his mandatory to fight a 54 at 60 and HBO was 100% aiding and abetting that move.

HBO is ruining boxing. Now that Pacquiao and Cotto are on Showtime and Mayweather is going to jail, they are desperatly trying to hype up anybody.

They did the exact same thing with Alvarez and Hatton. Listen to how hard they hype these bums up during the fight, you would think that SRR came back. They know that HBO has no face of boxing right now and if they lose its over. Pirog poses too much of a risk, hell even a Pwill rubber match is too much risk. FFS EVEN ZBIK HIS MANDATORY WAS TOO MUCH RISK SMDH
                  Last edited by Check_hooks; 03-23-2011, 06:36 PM.

Comment

If the NFL was like boxing there would be a season next year.
                    LOL oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh SNAP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                      EVEN ZBIK HIS MANDATORY WAS TOO MUCH RISK SMDH
                      Get this shit outta here. You are the only person on this planet besides Zbik's mom who thinks this is the case.

I would rather see Manfredo Jr than Zbik.

Comment

Working...
                      X