No announcement yet.

Yankees Sign up Stanton!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankees Sign up Stanton!

BIG FISH: Yankees score huge catch by acquiring Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton: reports.

Yankees fans are on the verge of receiving an early Christmas present: 2017 NL MVP Giancarlo Stanton.
    Bombers GM Brian Cashman has a blockbuster deal in place with Derek Jeter and the desperate Marlins to land the 28-year-old slugger, according to multiple national reports.
    The Yankees are one of the teams Stanton has said he would waive his no trade-clause for.
    The exact package going to Miami is not yet known, but it will be some sort of combination of a veterans and lesser tier prospects, according to reports. Stanton is due $295 million over the next 10 years, and the Yankees have made it a mandate that they will get under the $197 million luxury-tax threshold for 2018.

Its via trade not free agency

Comment

I bet they get rid of Ellsbury and his insane contract.

They still need pitching. Imagine if they sign up Darvish and Arrieta?

The Evil Empire is BACK!

Comment

Comment

The Yankees acquiring Stanton from a Jeter-led Marlins franchise is the greatest inside job in the history of baseball

Comment

Thats a lot of fcking money, and I honestly like the yanks youth movement more than fhe free agency splash days of the past.

Wonder how much of that $ the marlins eat. Yanks Would almost def have to give up Castro in that deal.

But judge, Sanchez, Stanton, Didi, is crazy scary.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
              Thats a lot of fcking money, and I honestly like the yanks youth movement more than fhe free agency splash days of the past.

Wonder how much of that $ the marlins eat. Yanks Would almost def have to give up Castro in that deal.

But judge, Sanchez, Stanton, Didi, is crazy scary.
              not sure if gs would have agreed to play for boston but nyy couldnt take that chance. gs will pay for himself and then some with merchandise and ticket sales....unless he flops.

Comment

Originally posted by nickp91 View Post
                The Yankees acquiring Stanton from a Jeter-led Marlins franchise is the greatest inside job in the history of baseball
                no trade clause helps and that was signed long before jeter got there

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                  not sure if gs would have agreed to play for boston but nyy couldnt take that chance. gs will pay for himself and then some with merchandise and ticket sales....unless he flops.
                  Sucks to see Castro go, he really tirned it around in ny, but can't believe yanks didn't have to give up any of their top prospects for Stanton. We still hsve lots of ammo for pitchers if they decide to go that route.

As for stantons contract, his contract is 10 years, he might pay for himself now, but for how many years is the question.

But whatever, huge pickup for the yanks, big game changing move for Brian Cashmans first move after getting his extension. Another move is coming soon I bet too.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                    Sucks to see Castro go, he really tirned it around in ny, but can't believe yanks didn't have to give up any of their top prospects for Stanton. We still hsve lots of ammo for pitchers if they decide to go that route.

As for stantons contract, his contract is 10 years, he might pay for himself now, but for how many years is the question.

But whatever, huge pickup for the yanks, big game changing move for Brian Cashmans first move after getting his extension. Another move is coming soon I bet too.
                    i love home growns too but sometimes a team has to take the fa, if for no other reason, to block other teams.

he can opt out after 3 yrs but will still have that no trade clause and not many teams will fit the criteria.

will be interesting to see how boone handles this team.

Comment

Working...
                    X