Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derevyanchenko Edges Culcay in Tough Fight To Win Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
    Culcay is underrated. Didn't you guys see his fight with Andrade?
    Culcay looked considerably smaller than Andrade to me, and didn't look too undersized against Dervy, which is somewhat surprising considering the weight classes those were fought at.

He was solid, pretty exciting and I liked watching him but that fight showed the level of Dervy and it is not as high as many people were making him out to be. Maybe age is catching up with him and that Danny fight took something out of him too but he looked limited in there which was surprising to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Just a Man View Post
      I never bought the hype, said it from the beginning. Derv is nothing special but a good fighter.

Anyway, Holloway vs Poirier is starting
      Well I think you called that one right my friend

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
        This is the same guy that half the clowns on this forum said GGG was ducking?
        lolololoololololol dude I love that Biden pic :0

Comment

He did duck him though. GGG specifically gave up his belt to avoid him. Derevianchenko is a really good fighter.
          No he didn't lol. You know it was more complicated than that but if it helps you to tell yourself that go ahead

Comment

okay but he still refused to fight him and fought Vanes instead.
            That fight could not have happened on May 5th...it would have taken months longer to negotiate probably (see what happened with the GGG Jacobs negotiation).

And then it would have compromised the second GGG Canelo fight which was a much bigger money and legacy fight for GGG. For GGG to take a stay busy fight on short notice to keep the original date when Canelo pissed dirty, no one should have a problem with that.

Comment

okay but he still refused to fight him and fought Vanes instead.
              Derev was not ready to fight on Cinco de Mayo and wanted GGG delay the fight. GGG was supposed to fight Canelo, who tested positive. GGG trained hard for Canelo and just waned to fight on the given date. Derev wanted MORE TIME.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                lolololoololololol dude I love that Biden pic :0

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                  Man Dervy is not as good as I thought and Culcay maybe a little better. He didn't look bad in there.

I didn't 100% score it round by round but I thought Culcay was ahead and I was more or less giving him more rounds than Dervy. Only clear round for Dervy I can recall was number 12. And Culcay noticeably hurt him a few times and somehow appeared to have more pop on his punches throughout imo.

Dervy gets KOd by Canelo or GGG imo. That Jacobs couldn't KO him does have me wondering if that GGG fight took a lot out of Danny and I wonder if he is about to be fish food for Canelo.

Good fight but terrible commentating (Charlo was fine, the other two/three were trash) and the scorecards were awful. Good close fight but I thought Culcay was pretty clearly the better man and no way Dervy deserved 8 rounds.
                  More a case of Culcay being abit better. He gave Andrade a tough tough fight

Comment

Although his last two fights have been close before he fought Jacobs Derevyanchenko was viewed as a fighter to avoid, yet he is not fulfilling those ominous prophecies as the fighter to fear at 160.

Perhaps Culcay (who I know next to nothing about) is a dark horse who's ranked highly because he's good.
                    No shame in losing to Andrade.

Based on these performances, Sergiy will pose very little danger to the top dogs at 160.

What I think is way overdue is who is GGG going to fight next? Considering his age and the fact he hasn't fought since his controversial loss to Canelo is he going to take a tune-up? or is he going to go straight for the Andrade and that WBO strap that eluded him before?

The fans deserve to see a fight where all the belts are at stake, given how close it got when GGG held three belts and Saunders was the lone ranger.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
                      GGG ducked no one. Derevenchenko would have gotten destroyed!
                      Even Martirosyan himself came out publicly and vindicated GGG, saying that Golovkin was not ducking anybody, it was more a case of Canelo screwing up the timetable when he (Alvarez) tested positive for Clenbuterol.

Who can say for sure? I have always been highly critical of Abel Sanchez and his approach to training fighters - case in point was when he had Cotto and Cotto forgot about his left hook.
                      GGG has forgotten how he could be considerably more effective if he went back to working in some body shots - he threw single digits in the second fight and about the same in the first.

Comment

Working...
                      X