Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford-Diaz Announced for 5/20 at MSG, Not Prudential Center

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crawford-Diaz Announced for 5/20 at MSG, Not Prudential Center

Promoter Top Rank Inc. announced Tuesday morning that the card headlined by the Terence Crawford-Felix Diaz fight will take place May 20 at Madison Square Garden. Crawford (30-0, 21 KOs), of Omaha, Nebraska, and the Dominican Republic's Diaz (19-1, 9 KOs) were supposed to fight at Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. Bob Arum decided, however, to bring the event to the big room at Madison Square Garden.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Now this will be a good fight. Don't know who to pick yet but it'll be close.

Comment

Why? good opportunity for Diaz but lets be real, this fight is trash. I'm dying for this dude to fight some top guys. That Postol fight was legit as f*** but hes top 5 pound for pound? and thats all hes fought?
      Dudes like Thurman,Danny Garcia, Brook, Mikey Garcia and others arent even ranked. I understand his skills seem to be another level but he hasnt even proved it against top dudes, other than postol.

Comment

Good main event. Diaz beat Peterson clearly in my opinion.

But these HBO co-features are horrible. It is basically taking any fight than can be made as cheap as possible. Might as well just show Shakur Stevenson's fight instead of the co-feature.

Comment

D.R. will be in the building! You can count on that! This is almost a home-court advantage for Diaz! TC will be tested, but I expect him to get a UD!

Comment

Originally posted by THE_BIG_HURT View Post
            Why? good opportunity for Diaz but lets be real, this fight is trash. I'm dying for this dude to fight some top guys. That Postol fight was legit as f*** but hes top 5 pound for pound? and thats all hes fought?
            Dudes like Thurman,Danny Garcia, Brook, Mikey Garcia and others arent even ranked. I understand his skills seem to be another level but he hasnt even proved it against top dudes, other than postol.
            Going to Scotland to beat the breaks off Burns was a good win as was defending against Gamboa (as an underdog) in his first defense. People forget Gamboa scared Mikey Garcia away from the sport for a while. TR pushed that fight and Garcia went M.I.A. Beltran was a very good defense too.

He's put in some good work and gets better and better.

Comment

Great, now lets get Broner on deck to fight winner. Lets also get PAC vs THURMAN asap! Lets get Khan to face winner of SPENCE vs BROOK!! Boxing needs this!

Comment

I believe having the fight in MSG is more for National publicity with a decent opponent, Bud should completely dominate though he may have some interesting moments w
                vs Diaz, he is decent with no pop..

Comment

Crawford is good,but he needs to fight better guys,this guy he's fighting isn't that good of a boxer and no power,and Crawford is a big jr welter,so those punches will do nothing to Crawford,to me diaz is like a fighter with heart,more heart than skills,should be an easy fight for crawford

Comment

Originally posted by THE_BIG_HURT View Post
                    THIS!

I can't deny TC as a top p4p guy based on his skill set (better than the guys you mentioned) and ofc the lineal position at 140 and the win over Gamboa but he has to start fighting top names more consistently.

In his last 5 fights, he's had one world class name...well supposedly world class, I always felt that the Matthysse win flattered Postol ut the guy was ranked 1 or 2 in the division so can't argue with that.

Other than that, Lundy, Jean and Dulorme don't cut it. He should've fought Matthysse time back, he should have fought Provo, he should maybe already be at 147 because light welter is really thin when it comes to challenges. Its not quite the division it was with Khan, Kotelnik, Bradley, Alexander, Maidana, Ortiz, Garcia, prime Matthysse et al.

Comment

Working...
                    X