No announcement yet.

How do you beat a pressure fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you beat a pressure fighter?

I'm the type of boxer/fighter who is very composed, and analyze things first, study body languages, before making my moves and apply my techniques.

My concern right now is, how should I handle a pressure fighter, where in when the opening bell rings, he rushes straight forward, with full aggression, trying to knock me out. How are you going to beat someone like that?

I want to just spam first my jabs, and slip some counter punches, evade, bob and weave, and other defensive tactics, until he starts to gas and calm down. Would that even work?

what if this guy could apply pressure for the duration of the fight? What do you do then? ...…...Rockin'
    Last edited by Rockin'; 10-01-2018, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      what if this guy could apply pressure for the duration of the fight? What do you do then? ...…...Rockin'
      I still have no clue about that, please share some fight knowledge here i need help

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
        I still have no clue about that, please share some fight knowledge here i need help
        The body jab is a good start, build off it with the left hook or right hand you need to get his respect and land something of your own. Or if he tends to hunch over while pressuring (many do) the uppercut should be there for you. Put a left hook behind it. Keep your punches short up close.

Learning the clinch game to tie him up is of massive importance against pressure fighters. Keep your weight on the back of his neck with every left hook. Smother and spoil if you have to. Don't let him fight at the pace he wants.

Comment

The best thing you can do is make them miss. Slip, move, make them miss. Not only is missing exhausting, but you not being where they expect you to be really messes up their footwork and makes them easier to counter. Don't just go straight back as that will eventually land you in trouble. Study Ali. Study Douglas vs Tyson I.

Comment

Can we get vital statistics? Height/weight/reach?

Comment

Going to have to earn their respect at some point generally. If they know you can hurt them then they start to anticipate the impact. Pivoting is a good way to create angles when they are rushing forward (as opposed to moving straight back), and try to keep them at bay with the jab. Going to have to fight off the back foot and circle away from their power hand. Land combos and get back on your wheels pumping that jab out there.

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
                I'm the type of boxer/fighter who is very composed, and analyze things first, study body languages, before making my moves and apply my techniques.

My concern right now is, how should I handle a pressure fighter, where in when the opening bell rings, he rushes straight forward, with full aggression, trying to knock me out. How are you going to beat someone like that?

I want to just spam first my jabs, and slip some counter punches, evade, bob and weave, and other defensive tactics, until he starts to gas and calm down. Would that even work?
                Try this to break the code:

Comment

I would think hard counters to the body would be a safe bet to at least try, particularly at the amateur level.

I would try to imitate the way Spence digs to the body, and how Mosley also went to the body against Margarito.

Comment

Thanks for all these advice guys. Will practice these points especially the pivoting

Comment

Working...
                    X