Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker's Promoter: We'd Fight Joshua at 60-40 Split in His Favor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thack View Post
    Hearn will settle around this as the last thing he wants straight away is Wilder.Needs to bank as much as possible before a real threat. Not good for the fans !
    Hearn doesn't have to settle on anything because Parker has Povetkin coming due as mandatory anyway.

Parker doesn't take the deal and Hearn still has Haye (if he can beat Bellew in style), the Whyte rematch, and even Pulev as options to fill the date before fighting Wilder in the Summer.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      The WBA rules for purse bid splits are 75/25 in favor of the champion.

The IBF rules for purse bid splits are 75/25 in favor of the champion.

The WBO rules for purse bid splits are 75/25 favor of the champion.

Considering that those rules apply when fighting a mandatory then you have to figure that Joseph Parker deserves much better than that. He is a world champion in his own right.

80/20 is a complete slap in the face and pure greed from Eddie Hearn.
      Parker can take the offer or not take the offer. The situation is kind of different, but Floyd never split his pots anywhere near that almost ever. Pacquiao, Alvarez, Cotto, Oscar, and Hatton are the only ones.

80/20 may have been a little light, but it wasn't that light. If he's expecting better than even 75/25, he better hope Sindy hope that he can beat Povetkin in Russia because that's likely going to be the path before he gets another look.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        Well in that scenario Parker still gets paid handsomely to go drop his belt in Russia, so he needs to be paid nicely here to move it forward.

Not to mention Povewtkin's proclivity for getting popped (and putting off title fights) so maybe that never goes down.
        The WBO isn't a part of the Clean Boxing initiative (which likely soon will have the WBC/WBA/IBF involved). If Parker and his camp truly think that beating Povetkin in Russia is in the cards, Hearn likely makes them go and prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by b d w View Post
          The only wrinkle in your plan for him is very soon he may have to deal with a mandatory fight against some guy called Povetkin which will probably take place in Russia. That could prove problematic.
          If the fight with Povetkin goes to purse bids and Parker ends up having to defend the title in Russia then the WBO rules state that the split is 80/20 in his favor.

So defending the title against his mandatory might end up paying Parker quiet well.

Comment

70 to 30 in favor of AJ. I think less people know who the F Parker is than they do Wilder.

Comment

Would rather see Parker vs Jennings /Browne or Povetkin at this point bc Joshua absolutely smashes Parker right now . Let all these other Champions price themselves out but they want to fight Joshua doe ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickmerch1990 View Post
                Its a boxing were men talk not little panzys worried about comas and full stops lil wimp of a man
                Mate, you can call me whatever the **** you want, but I'm still gonna laugh at how you've probably taken too many punches to the head. Or you're just an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
                  Mate, you can call me whatever the **** you want, but I'm still gonna laugh at how you've probably taken too many punches to the head. Or you're just an idiot.
                  i just write fast you big girl sometimes theres mistakes or no full stops what a wet one you are to even notice then write a coment about it going paint ye nails you tart

Comment

60/40 I kick yo ass

Comment

• Originally posted by Sickmerch1990 View Post
                      i just write fast you big girl sometimes theres mistakes or no full stops what a wet one you are to even notice then write a coment about it going paint ye nails you tart
                      What? Try again.

Comment

Working...
                      X