Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker's Promoter: We'd Fight Joshua at 60-40 Split in His Favor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
    That's when we should know that Higgins comments are a mere negotiation tactic. Fair play to him for doing what he can to maximize his guy's $. No harm in that.

I think we have a lower limit for Parker; Pulev as an IBF mandatory got at least 25%. The fight will happen though...too much money.
    I think pulev would've got 4-5 million. I think team Parker are blinded by terms "60-40" and "80-20" the fact is even at 20% it's a career high pay day for joe.

Comment

There's no way Hearn can do 60/40 because then he'd have to give Wilder AT LEAST 45%, if not 50%.

Whatever Parker gets, Wilder will have to get more. Can't imagine Hearn giving Parker a penny over 30%.

Comment

LOL You will get what is offered since you didn't offer ****.

AJ is in the driving seat. He is getting paid 10 times more than they currently get. 70/30 would be more than adequate IMO.

However this is just negotiating talk so I understand that request.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
          I feel like I need to sell you a full stop.
          Its a boxing were men talk not little panzys worried about comas and full stops lil wimp of a man

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
            There's no way Hearn can do 60/40 because then he'd have to give Wilder AT LEAST 45%, if not 50%.

Whatever Parker gets, Wilder will have to get more. Can't imagine Hearn giving Parker a penny over 30%.
            And why exactly would that be?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
              And why exactly would that be?
              #1 - Wilder is much more well known than Parker.

#2 - Wilder has a major US network behind him.

#3 - Wilder has the most important belt in boxing.

#4 - Parker has the least important "recognized" belt in boxing.

#5 - Joshua vs Wilder is the fight the world is clamoring for the most.

So how could you seriously question whether Wilder would be paid more than Parker when obviously Wilder is the bigger fight?

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                #1 - Wilder is much more well known than Parker.

#2 - Wilder has a major US network behind him.

#3 - Wilder has the most important belt in boxing.

#4 - Parker has the least important "recognized" belt in boxing.

#5 - Joshua vs Wilder is the fight the world is clamoring for the most.

So how could you seriously question whether Wilder would be paid more than Parker when obviously Wilder is the bigger fight?
                #1 That's debatable

#2 One that isn't exactly spending the big bucks on Wilder are they? Parker get's paid just as much by his "major network" in NZ

#3 The really important belt that made Stiverne the mandatory coming off a 2 year lay off and win over Derick Rossy, oh yeah the WBC surely is the sanctioning body all must bow down to

#4. See above, it doesn't make much difference

#5. I'll grant you this one

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                  #1 That's debatable
                  No, it's really not. Wilder has fought on OTA US TV multiple times with millions watching. Wilder has 513,000 followers on instagram. Parker has 143,000. It is not debatable. Wilder is more well known.

#2 One that isn't exactly spending the big bucks on Wilder are they? Parker get's paid just as much by his "major network" in NZ
                  Parker went to the UK and couldn't even get his fight on UK TV, let alone US TV. We find it very hard to believe that anybody other than Parker's mother could seriously believe he'll be paid as much to fight AJ as Wilder will be.

#3 The really important belt that made Stiverne the mandatory coming off a 2 year lay off and win over Derick Rossy, oh yeah the WBC surely is the sanctioning body all must bow down to
                  Nothing you said changes the fact that the WBC belt is the most valuable. There is no debating that. Even Hearn has publicly conceded that many times. Everyone in the industry knows the WBC is the top belt and the WBO is the bottom belt. It's not even a question. Stiverne lucked into a mandatory because Povetkin was caught cheating the day of their final eliminator. Stiverne being a poor mandatory doesn't change the fact that Wilder's belt is worth more than Parker's.

#4. See above, it doesn't make much difference
                  The numbers suggest otherwise. Look at the history of purse bids for WBC heavy title vs WBO heavy title. It's not even close. The marketplace has spoken. Time to live in reality.

#5. I'll grant you this one
                  Serious question, are you just some giant Joseph Parker fan or something? It kind of blows are mind that anyone would seriously believe Parker is as well known as Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
                    Your rationale makes zero sense just say you don’t want fight and people will understand I’ve already stated 55/35 aj with winner getting other 10% again trying get split u had for a mando and voluntary fight for other belt holders are going kill the fight
                    Only kill the fight if the other belt holders are greedy and wanting far more than they're worth. Go blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      Because Povetkin fights for the WBO mandatory challenger spot, and I doubt that Parker is good enough to beat Povetkin in Russia.

Which is the real deadline, regardless of the blustering.
                      Well in that scenario Parker still gets paid handsomely to go drop his belt in Russia, so he needs to be paid nicely here to move it forward.

Not to mention Povewtkin's proclivity for getting popped (and putting off title fights) so maybe that never goes down.

Comment

Working...
                      X