Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any MMA fighters that punch harder than Pauli Malignaggi?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kilojay505 View Post
    paulie has no power
    Paulie wouldn't have got to where he went in boxing with no power. Limited power yes, but not NO power.

Comment

As I observed last night, McGregor was fighting like a street fighter, which is not the proper way to get decent power behind your punches.

I'm going to repeat what I said I observed:

Conor throws while tilting his head back and raising his chin, out of fear of getting punched back. This is the exact fighting technique used by teenagers in a school fight who do not know how to fight, and also used by some grown up thugs in street fights who never had anyone to teach them how to throw a punch.

I take it the reason why McGregor showed success despite being in there with an elite level boxer and fighting like that was 1. His size and somewhat decent 5 minute round stamina and 2. Maybe Floyd was indeed gauging him and did not find him threatening enough because of his poor punch technique, he decided to carry him and let him tire after 25 minutes.

Comment

I think these MMA guys aren't used to punching in boxing like they do in MMA. Might just be the overall technique difference cuz striking is different than boxing & vice versa, lack of that foot grip on the ground they are used to that is lost with shoes on, might be the glove, but I have no doubt Conor punches hard & Mike Perry is a monster power-wise, but for sure those dudes didn't have anywhere near that same power in boxing. And I don't believe all MMA guys are p#ssies or all boxers got Mercer beards in comparison like I'm sure some dummies will insist.

I think its because these dudes look like dogs with lil socks on their feet with boxing gloves on or something. They for sure aren't even doing the same thing in boxing than in MMA. Someone more equipped on the science of throwing a punch can probably look at Conor & Mike throwing a punch in MMA vs throwing a punch in boxing & break it down to why what works in MMA doesn't in boxing & I'd love to read there breakdown of it cuz there is clearly a switch with what these guys are doing in two different combat sports that makes a huge difference on their deadliness.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          As I observed last night, McGregor was fighting like a street fighter, which is not the proper way to get decent power behind your punches.

I'm going to repeat what I said I observed:

Conor throws while tilting his head back and raising his chin, out of fear of getting punched back. This is the exact fighting technique used by teenagers in a school fight who do not know how to fight, and also used by some grown up thugs in street fights who never had anyone to teach them how to throw a punch.

I take it the reason why McGregor showed success despite being in there with an elite level boxer and fighting like that was 1. His size and somewhat decent 5 minute round stamina and 2. Maybe Floyd was indeed gauging him and did not find him threatening enough because of his poor punch technique, he decided to carry him and let him tire after 25 minutes.
          Yeah I think Floyd saw what had to give and when he saw that he had no power and wasn't really bringing anything to the table he just walked him down and battered him.

Floyd has to seriously have an extremely low respect for a guy to do that this day and age, he didn't even walk down Andre Berto for example, but even Berto at that stage is levels above this guy in every category.

He has no poker face either, McGregor, he made it very obvious that he was fading and struggling.

Comment

I remember saying that McGregor is probably a slightly harder puncher than Devon Alexander, I don't even know if he's that.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Yeah I think Floyd saw what had to give and when he saw that he had no power and wasn't really bringing anything to the table he just walked him down and battered him.

Floyd has to seriously have an extremely low respect for a guy to do that this day and age, he didn't even walk down Andre Berto for example, but even Berto at that stage is levels above this guy in every category.

He has no poker face either, McGregor, he made it very obvious that he was fading and struggling.
              He may have walked Connor down but Connor did a lot better than Berto ever did

Comment

Connors power cant be that bad, he did appear to stun Paulie with big gloves and a headguard who has a decent chin himself.
                Paulie also said that Connors power was above average but nothing crazy, thats a hell of a complement considering Paulie has fought the very best.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
                  He may have walked Connor down but Connor did a lot better than Berto ever did
                  Because he respected Berto atleast to some degree.

He had such little respect for McGregor that he just walked forward and had no regard for what was coming back.

Mayweather landed WAYYYYYYYYY more clean effective hard shots on McGregor. And stopped him of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                    I remember saying that McGregor is probably a slightly harder puncher than Devon Alexander, I don't even know if he's that.
                    Yeah, no chance.

Devon punches much harder.

But before the fight I questioned who hit harder out of him and Guererro but he DEFINITELY hits no where near as hard as Guererro.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Because he respected Berto atleast to some degree.

He had such little respect for McGregor that he just walked forward and had no regard for what was coming back.

Mayweather landed WAYYYYYYYYY more clean effective hard shots on McGregor. And stopped him of course.
                      I thought Floyd would have had a much harder time trying to outbox the taller, heavier Connor who was a southpaw so he opted to walk him down instead.

Berto has t rex arms so Floyd outboxed him with ease.

Comment

Working...
                      X