Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this fight be overturned (Dillian Whyte versus Joseph Parker)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
    Although the questionable knockdown was from a headbutt and shouldn't have counted, and Whyte saved his own life in the 12th by holding on to the ropes until the ref had to use a prybar to get him loose. He did beat JP for most of the fight and nothing will change that.
    yea the headbutt was a bs call but like you say he still did enough to win it

Comment

Somebody had money on Parker.

Comment

It doesn't stand a snowball's chance in Hell of being overturned.

Comment

You guys are crazy. You can't win a fight backing up and not throwing.
          Did anyone see the knockdown from the headbutt before the replay? I didn't and I doubt the ref did. It also didn't look like Whyte planned it.
          I really don't understand all the crying. Was Whyte dirty? Sure, be dirty back and fight. Don't walk backwards with your hands down.

Comment

yes it just got changed from a UD to a tko win for parker. glad they did the right thing

Comment

I've been saying for the longest that Parker is overrated. Hes a gatekeeper at best because he doesnt have an killer instinct. Every since hes stepped up the competition, hes got no KO's. Not one. And yet he and his team will talk big trash before every fight. I stopped believing it years ago when he was handed a decision against Ruiz. Now hopefully he will go back to fighting on Burger King cards in New Zealand

Comment

Odd thing is if you took off the headbut knockdown it would have been a draw. Whyte clearly won the fight though, Parker gave up half way through, even knew hed lost

Comment

Originally posted by MousidGym View Post
                  First and foremost, I am not here to discuss who should've won the fight on the scorecards. Dillian Whyte was the better men during most of the rounds and therefore is the justified winner ON THE SCORECARDS.

However, why did the referee let the fight continue after Dillian Whyte didn't respond to the 8 count with his GUARD UP after the referee was done counting?? RULES ARE RULES. You can't argue that.

''When the count reaches eight, the referee often moves back two steps and instructs the boxer to walk towards them and hold their arms out. This helps the referee determine if the boxer is functioning and alert enough to continue. If the boxer is unsteady on his feet, or seems unable to focus on the referee, the bout is ended on account of a TKO.''

And after the referee failed to follow the fundamental rules he proceeds to let Dillian Whyte blatantly out hug the last 15 seconds of the round while he was seriously hurt and done for. I get that Dillian Whyte should've been the overall winner of the fight. But imo Whyte got saved here! It's men versus men in there; not referee/men versus men.

I'm not even complaining about all the dirt stuff Whyte got away with after getting multiple warnings (it's a fight in the end of the day). But, rules are rules.
                  What???

Dillian got up before the 10 count so that's all that matters. Who cares about putting your gloves up at a time like that? He was in trouble but the ref quickly allowed the fight to continue. Whyte being hurt then did the right thing by tying Parker up so he couldn't get any shots off. This is what a fighter SHOULD do when hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                    Parker should get a rematch with a better referee. Thats what should happen. Whyte deserves the win I guess but he got every benefit of the doubt from that **** British referee.
                    You're crying because Dillian pushed Parker to the ropes a few times? Really??

If points were to be taken off for things like that most fighters would have points taken from them. Stop crying man it's a fight. Dillian was warned when he got a bit rough but he did nothing worthy of having a point taken.

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
                      Although the questionable knockdown was from a headbutt and shouldn't have counted, and Whyte saved his own life in the 12th by holding on to the ropes until the ref had to use a prybar to get him loose. He did beat JP for most of the fight and nothing will change that.
                      The first Parker knockdown did have a clash of heads as both were throwing shots, but Dillian did hit him to the body when Parker went down. Not a great knockdown, but a knockdown non the less.

Comment

Working...
                      X