Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hope Matty Hatton gets the living hell beat out of him.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
    That's an idiotic thing to criticize him for. Criticize the WBC, but Saul Alvarez? That's just plain stupid.
    I cant criticise Ginger for fighting ***** opponents?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Not really. Matt Hatton and Paul McCloskey are on the same level.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
        Not really. Matt Hatton and Paul McCloskey are on the same level.
        Both are better than Carlos Abregu

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          Okay, before you jump on my case and call me an European hater, hear me out. Matt has had nearly 50 fights and has yet to fight a top 10 guy. Now all of sudden you want to step on the world stage, out of your shell and take on a world class(possible world class) fighters? It took you how long to do this again? Seriously, this is like taking a job you aren't prepared for. You mocked the system for 50 fights and now you want to take your chance against a kid.

For as much **** as we give JCC jr we don't give Hatton any. JCC jr is learning on the job, Hatton isn't. I especially have a major problem with Hatton doing this because it isn't like you can't bring a name over. You know, you do have popularity, a popularity your brother laid out but nonetheless popularity. You are from England, it's not like you are from Cambodia.

I really have no sympathy for Hatton if he gets smashed Saturday night. You babied yourself and now are not prepared for this kind of level of competition. No pity for the unprepared.

I hope that Canelo doesn't bet smashed by the beast that is Matthew Hatton.

Comment

Good luck to Matthew Hatton, but i think he will get sparked out.

Comment

This thread is stupid (as are you).

If he was 50-0 and had been sitting on a paper title then fair enough. But he's not, he's a guy with several losses who has spent his career fighting at or around his level. He has 10 or so wins against low-quality opposition, then has a loss. Then he repeats the pattern. A guy like that is not going to be facing the best. Why would he? It makes no sense from any perspective.

What was he supposed to do, say "hey everyone, I know I just got beat by a guy with a 12-2 record, but when the hell is Floyd gonna give me my shot?"

Hatton has been fighting guys who are at about the same level as him: European class. The clue is in the fact that he's the European champion. He had a deal worked out to fight Kell Brook (probably the best European welterweight, apart from maybe that WBA champ, whoever the **** he is) about a year ago but Brook's promoter messed things up. He also had a deal set up to fight Zab Judah 2 years ago, but Zab then tried to change the terms to make it a 140lb bout and so Hatton couldn't face him as he can't make that weight.

If you think that Matthew Hatton and JCC Jr are the same then I'm not even sure where to begin correcting you.

Hatton mocked the system? Ridiculous. He's a career-journeyman who no one has ever cared about who got himself a nice run of wins and responded by stepping up his level of opposition from British to European level. When he did well there he tried to get a fight with one of the contenders at 147.

By the way, the suggestion that JCC Jr is learning on the job but Hatton wasn't...how good exactly do you think he was back when he was losing to guys with 3-2 and 9-43 records? I'm sure he hasn't improved or learnt anything since then
              Last edited by Clegg; 03-02-2011, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Both are better than Carlos Abregu
                So we agree that you can't criticize the ginger.

Comment

I wouldn't turn it down but I'd hope that I was more experienced than what Hatton is. It's mind numbing to think that his best win is Ben Tackie. There is no excuse as to why Hatton hadn't stepped up.
                  There are two excuses. He isn't that good and two, he's lost to mediocre and poor fighters. You can only fight who is put in front of you and that's what he's doing. I just don't see how anyone could ask him to turn down by far the biggest paying and highest profile fight of his career. Hell I'd fight Canelo if given the chance, even knowing that I'd lose.

Comment

seeing as hes not a champion or a top fighter in any division, hes not really obligated to fight anyone.

after he wins this BS title(the WBC decided that the Hatton fight would be for the title AFTER the fight was signed, btw), the gloves are off though. hes required at that point to fight top competition, otherwise he needs to be labelled as a cherrypicker/ducker.

Comment

Okay, before you jump on my case and call me an European hater, hear me out. Matt has had nearly 50 fights and has yet to fight a top 10 guy. Now all of sudden you want to step on the world stage, out of your shell and take on a world class(possible world class) fighters? It took you how long to do this again? Seriously, this is like taking a job you aren't prepared for. You mocked the system for 50 fights and now you want to take your chance against a kid.

For as much **** as we give JCC jr we don't give Hatton any. JCC jr is learning on the job, Hatton isn't. I especially have a major problem with Hatton doing this because it isn't like you can't bring a name over. You know, you do have popularity, a popularity your brother laid out but nonetheless popularity. You are from England, it's not like you are from Cambodia.

I really have no sympathy for Hatton if he gets smashed Saturday night. You babied yourself and now are not prepared for this kind of level of competition. No pity for the unprepared.

wait, so you're mad at Matt Hatton for not stepping up for 50 fights and you're also mad that he's finally stepping up?

basically, he doesn't win either way

Comment

Working...
                      X