Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Style-wise, how would you describe Tyson Fury as a boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very good boxer. Very quick on his feet and upper body movements for his size. His style is not for everyone’s taste that’s why more people hate him here.
    It’s quite easy to root against him considering he’s never flashy.

Comment

Fury style? Big stiff idiot, slow, sloppy, goofy tub of lard style. Snooze style.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        He's runner, he can't punch and I'm not sure he can take a good shot! He has no defensive skills other than being tall.
        If he can't get respect using his right hand against Wilder he will get beat.
        The windmills everyone describe's Wilder throwing are extremely hard to defend. Those punches are more unorthodox and very difficult to see.

He usually gets wild when his more orthodox punches land. He has a good one/two and he can punch underneath with uppercuts.
        He does get excited and thats when he's most open for straight shots up the middle.

We'll see I think Fury vs Wilder can be entertaining, if Fury starts to run then it can be a stinker!

Ray
        “No defensive skills”😂😂🙈🙈

Fury is very adept at rolling and slipping.
        And on top of that look at his footwork, lateral movement, feints, upper body movement, reflexes, judgement of distance, range etc etc.

Such an absurd statement...

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
          Fury is an awkward purist. You can also say 'slick' but 'awkward' seems to fit better, he's not exactly graceful

Fury understands the sport much more than he's given credit for, he's a student of the game. High boxing IQ. He is always seeking to 'hit and not get hit'; that is the epitome of the art of boxing

Love the story of him going round boxing gyms when he was younger, saying 'If you can knock me down, you can have my Rolex' ...he kept that watch.
          “Awkward Purist”
          I quite like that one, I’ll probably start using that to describe Fury myself😂

Comment

People that says he is boring only watched his Klitchko fight/Don't watch boxing. The man is 6 foot 9 and is as slick as they come not only that but he can also fight on the inside. Tyson Fury one of the best boxer atm.
            IDK why people want to see sloppyass punchers get into wars. Chit boring as fuark. Get some technique like Tyson Fury.

Comment

"“No defensive skills?".............against who?

He couldn't block his own punch that smacked him from under!

Stop judging fighters skills against nobodies!
              He feints great against a guy who was brought in as an opponent, yes!

Against old man Wlad he ran like a track star!

Grading skills against nobodies doesn't mean a thing.
              Not to say that Wilder is above average but average is todays great! There are NO great fighters on the current landscape.

Ray

Comment

Working...
              X