Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Style-wise, how would you describe Tyson Fury as a boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Style-wise, how would you describe Tyson Fury as a boxer?

Also, any other boxer out there that you think have a similar style to Fury other than his cousin Hughie Fury?

Gypsy style

Comment

Hes a slick out boxer to me. Or at least as much as they come for gigantic sized people

Comment

He does everything to be honest. His ring IQ is quite high, he might not have a power punch but he has a good ring generalship.

Comment

Fury is an awkward purist. You can also say 'slick' but 'awkward' seems to fit better, he's not exactly graceful

Fury understands the sport much more than he's given credit for, he's a student of the game. High boxing IQ. He is always seeking to 'hit and not get hit'; that is the epitome of the art of boxing

Love the story of him going round boxing gyms when he was younger, saying 'If you can knock me down, you can have my Rolex' ...he kept that watch.

Comment

He's a slick boxer for a big man he can out box any Heavyweight. Wilder only chance of beating Fury is landing a windmill punch if he doesn't he's going to get out boxed 12 rounds to 0

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
              Also, any other boxer out there that you think have a similar style to Fury other than his cousin Hughie Fury?
              Big, Irish, uncoordinated, un lean, lazy, but a good fighter...

Comment

Boxer/mover-switch hitter who can change it up and fight inside if he wants.... totally unique style due to his size and skills.

Comment

Basic. His main asset is his huge size. He's an awkward spoiler which is why his fights are so awful to watch.

Comment

He's runner, he can't punch and I'm not sure he can take a good shot! He has no defensive skills other than being tall.
                    If he can't get respect using his right hand against Wilder he will get beat.
                    The windmills everyone describe's Wilder throwing are extremely hard to defend. Those punches are more unorthodox and very difficult to see.

He usually gets wild when his more orthodox punches land. He has a good one/two and he can punch underneath with uppercuts.
                    He does get excited and thats when he's most open for straight shots up the middle.

We'll see I think Fury vs Wilder can be entertaining, if Fury starts to run then it can be a stinker!

Ray

Comment

Working...
                    X