No announcement yet.

Juan Manuel Marquez Wins 2012 Fighter the Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puga View Post
    for sure , but it's not a tie.. the bwaa which is the real one has nonito the foty ..

having jmm as foty of 2012 or floyd in 1998 is as credible as broner being a top 10 p4p fighter...
    I wouldn't say so, because The Ring is a lot different now to how it was then and considered much less credible now in comparison to then. So, I wouldn't say it's the same at all.

Comment

If you want to get real technical the Ring Magazine Pound for Pound rankings are Chuck Giampa's ratings. The editorial board has nothing to do with that.

Again, just one man's opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I wouldn't say so, because The Ring is a lot different now to how it was then and considered much less credible now in comparison to then. So, I wouldn't say it's the same at all.
        ok then ... it's all about the crdibilty and ring does'nt have that ,not anymore atleast....

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          If you want to get real technical the Ring Magazine Pound for Pound rankings are Chuck Giampa's ratings. The editorial board has nothing to do with that.

exactly why the ring mag cannot be taken seriously...

Comment

And that's been the case for like what? Months?

A lot different to The Ring in the 90's.

The Ring has definitely gone down hill, no question. But I think people are becoming overly critical.

If you look at their Top 10 P4P, the majority of them aren't with GBP.

Comment

exactly why the ring mag cannot be taken seriously...
              I don't know about that.

My point is you can't compare the pound for pound rankings to their year end awards or even their divisional rankings.

Their pound for pound rankings are one man's opinion. Their year end awards are voted by the editorial board. Two totally different processes.

Comment

thats a nice cover they picked

Comment

ok then ... it's all about the crdibilty and ring does'nt have that ,not anymore atleast....
                  I suppose you're right in regards to at this moment. The Ring's credibility has definitely declined.

That said, I'm not sure how they vote for their FOTY any more so I can't comment on that, in that regard.

Definitely run differently to how it was in the 90's, that's for sure.

Comment

I don't know about that.

My point is you can't compare the pound for pound rankings to their year end awards or even their divisional rankings.

Their pound for pound rankings are one man's opinion. Their year end awards are voted by the editorial board. Two totally different processes.
                    ofcourse you can .. not doing so would only mean picking the one that you like and elimating the ones you dont..

bottomline is ring mag has a **** credibilty..

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      I suppose you're right in regards to at this moment. The Ring's credibility has definitely declined.

That said, I'm not sure how they vote for their FOTY any more so I can't comment on that, in that regard.

Definitely run differently to how it was in the 90's, that's for sure.
                      arent we talking about this moment tho ?

Comment

Working...
                      X