No announcement yet.

Did i break my nose sparring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did i break my nose sparring?

I was sparring last night and cought a couple overhand rights in the nose in my 2nd or 3rd round, took a break did a 4th round took a break finished with two more. After my first three rounds there was a decent amount of blood, not pouring out, but lots when i blew my nose. I have a bit of cold so my nose was stuffed up so it felt kind of weird. Today its swollen, feels a bit numb on the inside at the tip of the nose, but my eyes are not black and nose isnt really bruised just swollen. Today when i blow my nose (still a bit sick) there is a bit of blood in some of the mucuous. I should mention i get nose bleeds easily and it has bled lots sparring.

I was supposed to fight Oct. 22nd now im worried I may not be able to if its broken, but hopefully it just takes a few days to heal.

Have you thought about getting your nose cauterized to prevent the nose bleeds ?, painful and feels weird for a while I've heard, but if you're looking to stick with boxing it might be worth it.

Have you never broken your nose before ?, just wondering, it doesn't take long at all for the pain to go away, a few days tops but it will still feel weird.

If it's not bruised then it's likely not broken but you'll be able too see better when the swelling goes down, usually when you break it you'll get a dark bruise going across the ridge.

Comment

maybe slightly bruised but not dark bruising, i dont wanna get any operations im 22 and boxing for the fun of it not like ill ever box as a career, but i do love to box. Is that the operation where they remove blood vessels?

Comment

it's not broken i remember i hit my nose of the top of the guys head i was sparring blend from both nostrils had a bit of bruising but i still fought 3 days later it's nothing there is always blood left in the nose the next day your nose is fine

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
          maybe slightly bruised but not dark bruising, i dont wanna get any operations im 22 and boxing for the fun of it not like ill ever box as a career, but i do love to box. Is that the operation where they remove blood vessels?
          They burn the inside of your nose with acid or hot metal which seals it so you won't get nose bleeds again, not really an 'operation', a friend had it done a few days ago and he used to suffer from them, was first thing that came to mind when you said you get nose bleeds easily.

Talk with your trainer first of course.

You should be fine by the 22nd, don't worry about your nose and just keep concentrating on training obviously.

Comment

You'd know straight away if it was broken. Trust me.

Comment

Thanks guys, and that "operation" sounds like an interesting idea

Comment

Dude yeah you would know straight away, i broke mine and knew instantly. I had headache for a week after haha

Comment

Originally posted by James78 View Post
                  Dude yeah you would know straight away, i broke mine and knew instantly. I had headache for a week after haha
                  That headache kills, doesn't it. I consider killing myself for a few second.

Comment

Still two days later when i blow my nose still getting a bit of blood, but it feels alot better today, still slightly tender though

Comment

Working...
                    X