Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Shaw, Lenny Mclean, Bartley Gorman.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This gives you an idea about Shaw's mentality.

Comment

I read both autobiographies and have seen numerous videos of the two, including the two vicious beatings that McLean gave him. I thing that Lenny was the better fighter and better human being. You must remember than Shaw's biography only came out when Lenny was dead, at least Lenny gave Shaw a chance to respond to his claims.

I've seen a couple of videos of Shaw that would make you feel sick. He had no manners in the ring at all and was a disgusting fighter.

Comment

Check the records out. Mclean had 12 fights & lost 6! 5 by KO. Shaw had 11 and lost 2!! If you want the real deals you gotta look at Johhny waldren & Cliff fields for both knockiing out Mclean.

You can argue all day about who was the real guv'nor and this will go on for erternity. But Shaw pips it for me. Natural middleweight going in with heavyweights. Yeah Mclean propper battered Shawry but thats what made that whole era so special. Plus the fact that shawry offered out Mclean many times after which Lenny flatly refused.. Shawry is the real deal in every sense of the word. 70 odd years of age and you stare into those eyes of his and you know the fella is still game!

Mclean's book is rammed to the rafters with bull**** and thats coming from people who knew him.

Comment

Originally posted by .Mik. View Post
          I read both autobiographies and have seen numerous videos of the two, including the two vicious beatings that McLean gave him. I thing that Lenny was the better fighter and better human being. You must remember than Shaw's biography only came out when Lenny was dead, at least Lenny gave Shaw a chance to respond to his claims.

I've seen a couple of videos of Shaw that would make you feel sick. He had no manners in the ring at all and was a disgusting fighter.
          If you dont know what your on about then why even post !?
          Lenny pulled alot of strokes also in the ring IE stamping,headbutting on oponents ! nomore than what shaw did!
          A good mate of mine Billy Knows Roy shaw very well as his dad fought Roy Shaw in 1981 ! Billys dad is "wild thing "Bill Yates!
          Heres a video of my mate Billy with Roy Shaw!¬

Comment

Originally posted by Mrpedigree View Post
            If you dont know what your on about then why even post !?
            Lenny pulled alot of strokes also in the ring IE stamping,headbutting on oponents ! nomore than what shaw did!
            A good mate of mine Billy Knows Roy shaw very well as his dad fought Roy Shaw in 1981 ! Billys dad is "wild thing "Bill Yates!
            Heres a video of my mate Billy with Roy Shaw!¬
            what a stupid video haha

Comment

I have very superficial knowledge of these gentlemen,what I have read about them in passing and a few youtube fights.
              But I have read Roy Shaw's autobiography.I remember him talking about fighting Ron Stander,who fought for the heavyweight title against Joe Frazier. Apparently,Shaw was repeatedly hitting him on the chin with his best right hand punch and Stander was just lying on the ropes,absorbing the punches,saying "Good Boy...Good Boy..." waiting for Shaw to punch himself out.Shaw then went downstairs and Stander suddenly moaned.Shaw turned the fight around and managed to win it.I don't know whether on stoppage or on points.Roy later learnt that Stander had gone on a alcoholic binge a few days earlier and had fallen over and broken a couple of ribs.Shaw wrote in his autobiography that, if Stander had come into the fight in condition, he was in no doubt that he would have "mullered" him.That's the exact word he used,I believe. That kind of objectivity is rare in a fighter.Mr Shaw's certainly a unique character.

BTW Stander's chin held up against some of the top pros in the heavyweight division.A little more on it from another fighter's autobiography....

"Stander's head was as hard as Italian marble.I built up a lead in the first two rounds.Every time Stander started to punch,the crowd reacted with raucous whoops.
              In the third round,I broke my right hand punching the impregnable corn-fed noggin.My hands had been wrapped too tightly before the bout.....
              The pain was overwhelming,but I tried to keep punching,but with just one good hand I was only half as effective as before.That's when the tide turned in Stander's favour and I'll be honest-the guy could whack too.At the beginning of the the fifth round,my corner threw in the towel and Stander received a technical knockout victory. It was the first time somebody had beaten me using his head as deadly weapon."

Anyone care to guess who the narrator is here ?
              No cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by beecherhq View Post
                what a stupid video haha
                Stupid!??
                Heres another Video of Roy Shaw talking about my Mate Billys New Book!

Comment

The bums were British level fighters. McLean Warrens cousin and Frank says he was a fat bum and greedy for money when he found him. he said Lenny had about 15 fights and lost half, even though he told people he had more and won 'em all. he then got him fit abnd he foiught the other bums. their video's are easy to get on the net. they are average bums hyped up in some dungeon so they can make more money. i heard they got paid more than British champs.

Comment

Then why did you have the username 'Lenny McLean' a while back?

Comment

to be honest these guys always came across as bullies rather than just genuine hardmen.

i dont get why people celebrate them so much? its cool to be interested in their stories cos they had some pretty amazing tales but they shouldnt be spoke about in admiration.

Comment

Working...
                      X