No announcement yet.

Ideal weight for boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
    Yes, you are eating way too much. The fat is coming from so much carbs. If you have the option try following Jack Dempsey's diet that he designed for amateurs from his book "Championship Fighting".

6 A.M Rise. Drink a cup of hot tea, or a cup of beef broth or chicken broth.
    6:30 A.M Hit the road.
    7 A.M Arrive home. Take brief sweat-out and shower. Have breakfast ofm;fruit juice, cereal, eggs, and milk or; tea.;
    12:30 P.M Lunch of lettuce and tomato on toast (perhaps with two or three slices of bacon). Glass of milk or cup of tea. If you do not have bacon with the lettuce-tomato sandwich, you can drink a malted milk.
    6 P.M Gymnasium

Just learn to diet properly and you will start shedding pounds. Don't worry about losing muscle. Do you fight like a shorter fighter or taller?
    Thanks for the advice

I like to fight both inside and outside fighting, depending on the opponent and situation I'm in.

I'm more a counter puncher who likes to work at the inside from time to time.

Although I still havent got the answer quite yet.

Is losing weight gonna make me faster??

Comment

Originally posted by BuakawBanchamek View Post
      Thanks for the advice

I like to fight both inside and outside fighting, depending on the opponent and situation I'm in.

I'm more a counter puncher who likes to work at the inside from time to time.

Although I still havent got the answer quite yet.

Is losing weight gonna make me faster??
      Middleweight(165) or Welterweight(152) sounds good for you. If you are comfortable with fighting guys around the 5'10"-6' range. I think it would be a lot better than fighting at heavyweight where guys are 6'2+.

You could gain speed if you are getting down to a weight that you are comfortable at. If David Tua dropped weight he wouldn't necessarily have been faster. Try it out and see that's the only way you will know. If there was a gun to my head I would say yes, you would get faster but don't expect to be Mayweather fast.

Things like skeletal size come into play. How big are your wrists and ankles? Pictures would help.
      Last edited by Mr.MojoRisin'; 04-17-2016, 03:20 PM.

Comment

dude you are 5''8 and 198lbs lol. Unless you are naturally built like a tank (david tua, tyson) you could lose alot of weight.

Someone at 5''8 is gonna have alot of trouble beating the tall fast guys in short fights if hes fighting above 141 or 152. Honestly you should at least try get down to 165. But even there youre gonna have trouble, theres plenty of guys at 165 well over six foot tall.

To put it in perspective, im 5'10 and 170ish and ideally want to walk around at low 160s and fight at 152. Im naturally fairly compact well proportioned medium build but am somewhat muscular.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulFoodGinger View Post
          dude you are 5''8 and 198lbs lol. Unless you are naturally built like a tank (david tua, tyson) you could lose alot of weight.

Someone at 5''8 is gonna have alot of trouble beating the tall fast guys in short fights if hes fighting above 141 or 152. Honestly you should at least try get down to 165. But even there youre gonna have trouble, theres plenty of guys at 165 well over six foot tall.

To put it in perspective, im 5'10 and 170ish and ideally want to walk around at low 160s and fight at 152. Im naturally fairly compact well proportioned medium build but am somewhat muscular.

I have to correct myself

Converted cm in feet wrong

I'm 5'10 - same size as Gennady

I'm probably just slightly less bulky than him so my goal should be fighting at middleweight.

Which means dropping from hravyweight to middleweight

Comment

Originally posted by BuakawBanchamek View Post
            Its not about if I got some to lose, I do know that I have to lose weight and am pretty sure that I could lose around 15kg/33lbs and be after the loss normal weight.

All I wanna know is whether this quite big amount of unnecessary weight has an inpact on the my performance ( speed)

I dont know why everbody has a hard time to give me a straight answer.

But if its that important I can post some pics tomorrow

Sorry, I didn't read the original post very carefully.

I think cutting weight could definitely make you feel lighter and faster on your feet. As far as stamina, my personal experience is that when I'm 140lbs it's much better than when I'm 170.

Comment

Working...
            X