Collapse
No announcement yet.

College dropout refuses to leave her dorm room

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why its difficult renting property to tenants, a long time ago my folks had some squatter who refused to leave, by law the government protects them for some reason she refused to leave we tried to evict her she didnt pay rent for several months and kept saying she would have the rent, we gave her a pass the first time because she gave a sob story, and we are kind people, but she abused our kindness later we found out she was buying weed for her boyfriend in the hood.

The only way we got her out after several months is she got convicted of buying weed and assault, thats how we found out she was buying drugs with her rent money and giving it to her boyfriend. She decided to leave all of a sudden and went on the run and she went to jail for buying drugs and being an accomplice to assault he boyfriend sucker punched some old guy with bad vision and a walking cane who stepped on his shoes by accident.

If you have money stick to commercial real estate rent to businesses only or buy and sell. Because renting homes or apartments is a pain you will encounter these squatters who refuse to leave and have to go to court to try and kick them out.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
      Is that sarcasm? It shouldn't be. Chances are she's already gotten job offers lined up from progressive journalism outfits. This is how they signal that they have no shame, they pull some demeaning stunt then spin it to look oppressed & get a job offer.

I'll check back in a few months and see if she's the wealthy head of some "housing awareness movement" or writing a racism column for HuffPo.
      It wouldn't surprise me if she lands a lucrative gig as an "advocate" for others to stiff landlords and forms of freeloading.

I know in NYC it is very difficult to evict a tenant who refuses to pay rent. I knew of someone who had that problem. It cost her $30K in attorney fees to get the leech out of the apartment, this after he didn't pay rent for over a year. At that time, his rent was about $1,000 per month, and he was able to stay there rent free for 15 months. She essentially lost $45K.

I know of instances where landlords are paying out of court settlements to these bums who know how to work the system. They move in, and after two months stop paying rent. Then tell the landlord they will move out if he pays them $10K, or else it will end up costing him three times as much to get them out. All the while, the landlord is not allowed to harass this tenant in any manner. Cannot shut off the water or heat or he can be sued.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        It wouldn't surprise me if she lands a lucrative gig as an "advocate" for others to stiff landlords and forms of freeloading.

I know in NYC it is very difficult to evict a tenant who refuses to pay rent. I knew of someone who had that problem. It cost her $30K in attorney fees to get the leech out of the apartment, this after he didn't pay rent for over a year. At that time, his rent was about $1,000 per month, and he was able to stay there rent free for 15 months. She essentially lost $45K.

I know of instances where landlords are paying out of court settlements to these bums who know how to work the system. They move in, and after two months stop paying rent. Then tell the landlord they will move out if he pays them $10K, or else it will end up costing him three times as much to get them out. All the while, the landlord is not allowed to harass this tenant in any manner. Cannot shut off the water or heat or he can be sued.
        That's liberalism for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

This is why we need to get rid of career politicians their only means of income is politics so they create new **** to whine about to get reelected. California is a prime example

Comment

Working...
          X