No announcement yet.

Anxiety during practice (sparring)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockin'
    I've dealt with depression for most of my life. Honestly, the only time that you will find peace is when you are in the ring warring. You just don't have time to think or contemplate about anything else.....
    Depression is a very general term, usually describing a symptom more than a complete disorder. Someone who is depressed because of a specific past experience may see the ring as therapy, while someone who is depressed because of anxiety attacks linked an an underlying endocrine/hormone health issue obviously won't enjoy experiencing that in the middle of sparring.

It's important to identify what type it is because they have very different treatments.

I agree in general though. Assuming proper diagnosis and treatment, it's a great outlet for tension.

Comment

I've dealt with depression for most of my life. Honestly, the only time that you will find peace is when you are in the ring warring. You just don't have time to think or contemplate about anything else.....
      thats because you get put to sleep the second the bell timer goes... hence the peace

You might get eternal sleep one day when someone stomps a mudhole in your ass after they Derrick Ko-leman you

Comment

I know the specifics, but telling anything personal in these forums is not recommended, especially after a Mod gives everybody my proper name. Far too many *******s.
        Come to ESB brah. I've seen some stories about the mods here that really made me shake my head.

Comment

Working...
        X