Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Me Beating Ortiz Better Than Joshua Stopping Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
    You both sound like you've got your mouths full.
    You also seem to have yours full with Wilder's. Don't choke on them.

Comment

Why do you believe Klitschko hits harder than Ortiz? They both have an equal 77% Knockout ratio, but Ortiz was able to stop Bryant Jennings after Jennings went 12 full rounds with Klitschko. Stamina wise, Ortiz did not show poor conditioning against Wilder. On the contrary, Ortiz showed great footwork, and he was able to maintain his fairly steady pace throughout the fight. Both Joshua and Wilder put up meaningful victories over older opponents. Joshua gets the credit he deserves for his performance. Don't try to take Wilder's due credit away from him now. Believe me, I know it sucks when the fighter you thought was a bum proves you wrong.
      An equal 77% Knockout ratio... yet Klitschko's 77% knockout ratio consisted of top ranked fighters across every governing body, whilst Ortiz generally beat lower ranked guys (partially due to being avoided of course, but the point still stands). Oh and Ortiz was shot and ruined immediately after failing to put Wilder away. Hell on the day I even mentioned on here that Wilder would go on to win after that round as Ortiz had nothing left from then on.

As for your Jennings comparison... one specific situation doesn't prove a point. Joshua finished off Eric Molina in 3 rounds whilst Wilder took 8... does that mean Joshua has more power than Wilder? The answer to that question is obviously no hence why comparisons of what fighters do to a mutual opponent are moot and pointless.

PS: My post you quoted finished off with 'Wilder's win is no better or worse than Joshua's win'. How on earth is that trying to take credit away from him? That's attributing equal credit to Wilder as I do Joshua.

Comment

• He's right.

Luis Ortiz was the best HW in the world for most of the past 3 years and nobody wanted to fight him.

He would've beat the Klitschko that struggled with Bryant Jennings and lost to Tyson Fury

He would've beaten the Joshua that struggled with Klitschko

And he would've beaten Deontay Wilder if he was just a TAD younger.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxxsingh View Post
          You also seem to have yours full with Wilder's. Don't choke on them.
          Good one.
          The "I know you are, but what am I" comeback from 2nd grade. Well played.

Comment

• The only similarity between the two fights is the advanced age of both Wilder's and AJ's opponents. Otherwise can't compare the two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deus View Post
              An equal 77% Knockout ratio... yet Klitschko's 77% knockout ratio consisted of top ranked fighters across every governing body, whilst Ortiz generally beat lower ranked guys (partially due to being avoided of course, but the point still stands). Oh and Ortiz was shot and ruined immediately after failing to put Wilder away. Hell on the day I even mentioned on here that Wilder would go on to win after that round as Ortiz had nothing left from then on.

As for your Jennings comparison... one specific situation doesn't prove a point. Joshua finished off Eric Molina in 3 rounds whilst Wilder took 8... does that mean Joshua has more power than Wilder? The answer to that question is obviously no hence why comparisons of what fighters do to a mutual opponent are moot and pointless.

PS: My post you quoted finished off with 'Wilder's win is no better or worse than Joshua's win'. How on earth is that trying to take credit away from him? That's attributing equal credit to Wilder as I do Joshua.
              Well, we know that Klitschko was able to put Joshua onto the floor, but Ortiz was not able to do the same to Wilder. Maybe that tells us that Klitschko is a better puncher than Ortiz, or maybe it says that Wilder has better whiskers than Joshua does. It's all relative. Choose to see it however you like. But your original post did seem to give the sense that you were trying to rain on the Wilder fan's parade. Frankly, I find both Wilder AND Joshua to be unpalatable individuals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Graz View Post
                The only similarity between the two fights is the advanced age of both Wilder's and AJ's opponents. Otherwise can't compare the two.
                Just saw a you tube vid where someone said one of Ortiz reletives confirmed he was 59 on twitter . If thats the case or remotely close to the truth , Wilder will be eating his own words bc he called Klitchko old man and didnt want to give Joshua credit .

You cant even compare the two fights anyway ,one fighter was saved by the bell ,the other had to overcome a punch in the early stages by one of the hardest hitters of all time in his 19th pro fight .

Comment

Good one.
                  The "I know you are, but what am I" comeback from 2nd grade. Well played.
                  Thanks fella. You'll do well to clear it.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxxsingh View Post
                    Thanks fella. You'll do well to clear it.
                    Even a 2nd grade student can see that you're a 1st class nut-swinging groupie.

Comment

Working...
                    X