Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders-Lemieux Peaked at 775K Viewers, Averaged 716K on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    The issue is that they’re trying to make chicken salad out of chicken ****.

It’s clear their budget isn’t what it used to be. And their quest to find the next Arturo Gatti is making them look pretty silly.
    Exactly, so stupid how they hype "the exciting, punch first fighter" on their network. Its so shortsighted. Not every fight, even with fighters known for their offense, is gonna be a slugfest. They shoot themselves in the foot with these expectations. totally ass backwards. "Gatti list" such a ******ed marketing ploy.

Comment

The issue is that they’re trying to make chicken salad out of chicken ****.

It’s clear their budget isn’t what it used to be. And their quest to find the next Arturo Gatti is making them look pretty silly.
      You're right. I don't see how the network's boxing leadership can keep justifying that time slot with these numbers. They can kill these ratings with cheaper movie reruns. I'm not going to touch the original programming ratings.

It will lead to shuttering boxing on HBO if things don't change. I honestly believe Canelo is the only reason it hasn't happened already.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
        You're right. I don't see how the network's boxing leadership can keep justifying that time slot with these numbers. They can kill these ratings with cheaper movie reruns. I'm not going to touch the original programming ratings.

It will lead to shuttering boxing on HBO if things don't change. I honestly believe Canelo is the only reason it hasn't happened already.
        Agreed. Everything about their shows suck lately. From the product to the commentating.

Say what you want about him, there was a time where Larry Merchant alone was worth watching HBO. Now we get Roy wasting his insight on guys like Cletus Seldin, a Jim Lampley who fell off worse than Panchito Bojado and a bargain bin product. Just wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
          i thought the bob father was full of **** but hes right they dont know what theyre doing at hbo anymore
          They still beating Showtime in ratings soo it's all good

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
            700,000 is okay for BJS, considering he's never fought in North America before or been shown Peak Time there.

I didn't expect 1 million but was hoping for 850-900,000 Peak but HBO's Ratings are down across the board.

This Fight still did better then Daniel Jacobs vs Arias fight and Jacobs has had a lot more exposure then BJS.
            Yea i agree

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
              Nobody knows those guys.... Not bad really.
              true, also one has to consider neither is a us fighter..

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                true, also one has to consider neither is a us fighter..
                No, that’s not it. What he said is right. It’s because no one knows those guys.

Marco Antonio Barrera, Erik Morales, Ricky Hatton, Manny Pacquiao...the list of non-US fighters who had strong TV vieership are innummerable. Boxing is a global sport and the U.S. is a diverse country. No one knows those guys, bottom line.

Comment

No, that’s not it. What he said is right. It’s because no one knows those guys.

Marco Antonio Barrera, Erik Morales, Ricky Hatton, Manny Pacquiao...the list of non-US fighters who had strong TV vieership are innummerable. Boxing is a global sport and the U.S. is a diverse country. No one knows those guys, bottom line.
                  you are right, the op had the main reason right, neither being a us fighter just adds a bit more...
                  i have seen casuals watch unknown fighters and cheer for the local one many times, but of course something like that wasnt going to add big numbers...

Comment

Nobody was tuning-in to see Saunders.

Comment

Agreed. Everything about their shows suck lately. From the product to the commentating.

Say what you want about him, there was a time where Larry Merchant alone was worth watching HBO. Now we get Roy wasting his insight on guys like Cletus Seldin, a Jim Lampley who fell off worse than Panchito Bojado and a bargain bin product. Just wow.

Now that's bad!

Comment

Working...
                      X