No announcement yet.

Let me ask you guys a couple questions that I need

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
    In this case, we just agree to disagree.
    So you think P4P caliber guys should only have 1 "real" fight vs a legit top ten guy a year?????

Agree to disagree for sure, but that seems a very low hurdle to clear & I'm surprised if thats your cutoff mark. And on this specific situation I think if GGG was ready to take on Canelo in May he should be ready for anyone in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      But why did the IBF sanction the Kell Brook fight?
      Wasn't Kell the IBF title holder two divisions below?

Seems like they'll okay lighter guys coming up more if the guy held/holds one of their belts.

Don't recall the mandatory situation either at that time so that mighta been part of it too idk.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
        I think fans would have a problem with whoever GGG decided to fight on May 5. Even though Andrade would've been my first choice I have no problem with team GGG not wanting to fight a tall southpaw on short notice. However had that match-up been made I know for a fact some fans would've complained. "Who the f-ck is Andrade", "he struggled against a limited fighter like Jack Culcay last year"...."Derevyanchenko?, 12 fights but who has he fought? stop hyping up this eurobum..." "GGG is ducking Gilberto Ramirez, he's scared of a real Mexican...etc.

Yes, Vanes is not the most attractive opponent on paper but it is what it is. Vanes has been in the ring with some quality fighters and is not a push-over that is there just for a paycheck. He'll come to fight and make a great effort. Should be an action packed fight and Vanes will most likely have some moments in the early rounds. It will be entertaining for as long as it lasts.
        Well said. I'm still riding with Canelo if he fights GG in a rematch. I just knew that Canelo would be the first to ko GG going into the rematch and then this mess happens. Now I'm just going to let the chips fall where they may. This is why we miss Floyd.

There is no fighter special enough today that I'd pay to watch to see if he will have his code cracked except Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          So you think P4P caliber guys should only have 1 "real" fight vs a legit top ten guy a year?????

Agree to disagree for sure, but that seems a very low hurdle to clear & I'm surprised if thats your cutoff mark. And on this specific situation I think if GGG was ready to take on Canelo in May he should be ready for anyone in the division.
          When a fighter loses out on millions because a guy cheats, I am a champion for the fighter who lost out on his millions and do not care who he fights and view it as a stay busy fight. You scout one guy, he cheats, and then you have to scout other guys in a short time frame. It's not fair to the champion. His whole camp should be focused on the fighter at hand. He shouldn't be punished in the slightest for his opponent cheating.

Comment

I think GGG should keep his belt. Being stripped of a title you earned is lame. Beat the champ.I am TOTALLY against "soft touches" when the man has AT LEAST 5 viable opponents in his own division ready, willing, and hungry to prove themselves. That man is 36 years ****ing old! No soft touches, just big matchups and big names.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              I think GGG should keep his belt. Being stripped of a title you earned is lame. Beat the champ.I am TOTALLY against "soft touches" when the man has AT LEAST 5 viable opponents in his own division ready, willing, and hungry to prove themselves. That man is 36 years ****ing old! No soft touches, just big matchups and big names.
              Canelo just ****ed everything up Skills. He ****ed up...

Comment

When a fighter loses out on millions because a guy cheats, I am a champion for the fighter who lost out on his millions and do not care who he fights and view it as a stay busy fight. You scout one guy, he cheats, and then you have to scout other guys in a short time frame. It's not fair to the champion. His whole camp should be focused on the fighter at hand. He shouldn't be punished in the slightest for his opponent cheating.
                I'd argue thats a whole other thing although I still don't see why you don't push back the date & fight a real opponent vs have a fight no one cares about when you are the caliber GGG is.

But still regardless of Canelo vs GGG you seem to imply a P4P caliber fighter only need to fight 1 legit guy a year unless I misunderstood you.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I'd argue thats a whole other thing although I still don't see why you don't push back the date & fight a real opponent vs have a fight no one cares about when you are the caliber GGG is.

But still regardless of Canelo vs GGG you seem to imply a P4P caliber fighter only need to fight 1 legit guy a year unless I misunderstood you.
                  I don't imply. I speak from the horses mouth Eff, and you have misunderstood me. It's ok though. Ill clarify in a nutshell.

My main point is GG is trying to clean up this mess and this is what he gets, a possible title being stripped.

Comment

answers to.

1) Why should GG be stripped for not fighting his mandatory when he wasn’t fighting his mandatory in the first place?

2) Why isn’t GG allowed to take a soft touch, fight his mandatory next and then the Canelo rematch?

Am I missing something?
                    I like your approach, there is a hint of Socratic Irony... Lol. There are members who can give you a very compete analysis of alphabet soup RM... Like why the WBA demands this and this one demands that, but there is a more fundamental issue here which is why should any of these groups have the control they do over fighers? why do we need so many of these groups?

The answer to your question is that any group, by the laws of social cohesion will fight to protect their interests. Its so fundamental that when Max Weber wrote about Burocracy he showed that this is what burocracy is... When no one can be responsible for something then no blame can attach and the group will be safe. These organizations never care about the greater good. They do not care about boxing, about A fighter...

Do you remember the British Boxing Board? this group of imbeciles actually worked tirelessly to try to shut down what proved to be one of the best heavy weight fights in years...the grudge match between Haye and Chisora.

All these groups will claim to work for integrity. Integrity of the sport, of the fans, of the fighters. Classic double speak. The best thing for boxing would be if half of these groups leapt off a cliff and made undisputed champion of a division mean something, but we don't see that happening.

So I think you can surmise that your skeptacism regarding these actions is warranted. Government and institutional authority will always always always try to get into the affairs of ambitious, succesful individuals. New Jersey has tried for years to get together a bunch of hacks to assemble a state Martial Arts teaching license. Some states go into Black areas and demand that women who braid hair get a license! I am not an African American but I grew up in East Harlem and know enough to understand that braiding hair is an intimate skill set that binds together females of a household, much like cooking...what the fvk is the government doing getting involved, and making it a financial hardship for a woman to make a few bucks braiding hair?

Its all the same sh11t RM. All the same.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                      I like your approach, there is a hint of Socratic Irony... Lol. There are members who can give you a very compete analysis of alphabet soup RM... Like why the WBA demands this and this one demands that, but there is a more fundamental issue here which is why should any of these groups have the control they do over fighers? why do we need so many of these groups?

The answer to your question is that any group, by the laws of social cohesion will fight to protect their interests. Its so fundamental that when Max Weber wrote about Burocracy he showed that this is what burocracy is... When no one can be responsible for something then no blame can attach and the group will be safe. These organizations never care about the greater good. They do not care about boxing, about A fighter...

Do you remember the British Boxing Board? this group of imbeciles actually worked tirelessly to try to shut down what proved to be one of the best heavy weight fights in years...the grudge match between Haye and Chisora.

All these groups will claim to work for integrity. Integrity of the sport, of the fans, of the fighters. Classic double speak. The best thing for boxing would be if half of these groups leapt off a cliff and made undisputed champion of a division mean something, but we don't see that happening.

So I think you can surmise that your skeptacism regarding these actions is warranted. Government and institutional authority will always always always try to get into the affairs of ambitious, succesful individuals. New Jersey has tried for years to get together a bunch of hacks to assemble a state Martial Arts teaching license. Some states go into Black areas and demand that women who braid hair get a license! I am not an African American but I grew up in East Harlem and know enough to understand that braiding hair is an intimate skill set that binds together females of a household, much like cooking...what the fvk is the government doing getting involved, and making it a financial hardship for a woman to make a few bucks braiding hair?

Its all the same sh11t RM. All the same.
                      Lmao. Good post and great analogy.

Comment

Working...
                      X