No announcement yet.

Nate Diaz reignites beef with Khabib Nurmagomedov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Diaz reignites beef with Khabib Nurmagomedov

Nate Diaz isn’t just going to sit around twiddling his thumbs while his enemies go at it on social media.

Putting his Twitter fingers to use, Diaz fired a shot at UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov, who himself was responding to an online jab from Conor McGregor.

It’s complicated.

“I slapped you in your head and your team didn’t do ****,” Diaz wrote in response to a tweet by Nurmagomedov. “Live with that, you’re all p*ssies.”

Diaz’s beef with Nurmagomedov goes back several years, with UFC president Dana White at one point claiming that Diaz had actually turned down a fight with the unbeaten Russian. That report was denied by Diaz (“Dana White, UFC, are full of ****. I didn’t turn down anything,” he tweeted at the time) and the matchup never materialized.

However, in August 2015, Diaz and Nurmagomedov had a physical altercation at a World Series of Fighting show back in Las Vegas. After Diaz threw a beer at Nurmagomedov, footage showed the two exchanging a few punches (or slaps). The situation did not escalate from there, but the bad blood has remained ever since.

Regarding McGregor’s Brooklyn invasion last April that saw “The Notorious” hurl a dolly at a bus that was transporting Nurmagomedov, Diaz took the opportunity to insult both men, criticizing Nurmagomedov and his team for confronting McGregor’s close friend Artem Lobov at a hotel, and stating that he “already slapped and punked both these guys and they teams”. Diaz was involved in a pair of high profile bouts with McGregor in 2016, winning by submission in their first encounter.

Earlier this week, McGregor wrote a lengthy Instagram post accusing boxing nemesis Paulie Malignaggi and Nurmagomedov of “*****ing” on social media, prompting Nurmagomedov to respond in kind with a clip of him submitting McGregor at UFC 229. Nurmagomedov added, “You will live with this shame all your life.”

And now Diaz has added his two cents. He’s been on the sidelines for over two years since the second McGregor fight, but it looks like Diaz is keeping the flames of his many feuds burning.

I hope Khabib doesn't fight Nate next. It has to be Tony Ferguson and only Ferguson.

Comment

Originally posted by Outworn View Post
      I hope Khabib doesn't fight Nate next. It has to be Tony Ferguson and only Ferguson.
      agreed. enough big fights for nate.. this guy doesnt do anything to deserve it. fight tony, holloway or rematch conor.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
        agreed. enough big fights for nate.. this guy doesnt do anything to deserve it. fight tony, holloway or rematch conor.
        Damn right. Nate has been away for three years now?

Comment

Tony, then Holloway, then Conor, then walk off into the sunset.

Comment

I guess that is Nate's way of staying relevant

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
              I would love to see Holloway smash Diaz or Conor-Holloway rematch.

I only want Tony for Khabib unless he's injured again. (touch wood)

Comment

Diaz ain't getting Khabib. Dana isn't letting that happen & I doubt the WME-IMG guys see the matchup as a worthwhile one to make when the Conor vs Khabib vs Tony triangle is still in play & obviously the Conor vs Khabib rematch is gonna happen cuz there is still big money to be found there.

But fair play on him talking it up & keeping himself in the news. I'm not sure Diaz is gonna fight anyone honestly. I was talking in another thread that if I was a high level fighter making 7 digit paydays I'd be tempted to retire & I'm surprised more guys don't retire.

I think Nate is one of these guys who did make enough that he's more or less done with fighting. I think he'll have to get the right pay & right fight to fight again or go broke somehow. His bank account looks too good for him to go trade more brain cells for more money too easily I think doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Outworn View Post
                  I would love to see Holloway smash Diaz or Conor-Holloway rematch.

I only want Tony for Khabib unless he's injured again. (touch wood)
                  i was a diaz fan but now he's just getting annoying. he wont fight anyone and wants only the big fights but he havent really done nothing to deserve it. he hasnt fought since the loss to conor and now he wants khabib? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    Tony, then Holloway, then Conor, then walk off into the sunset.
                    Damn right.

Comment

Working...
                    X