Where do you stand on legal marijuana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
    pls, COMPARE POPULATIONS !!!!!!!

holy shlt....drug use is being defended !!!!!!!!
    What about the populations would explain the difference?

We have an example of a place where drug laws have been greatly relaxed, and where none of the disaster you predicted has come to be - in fact it is better, not worse.

I'm not defending drug use. I pointed out that there is less drug use when you change the approach.
    That's not defending it, it is trying to reduce it.

Whereas your approach makes it worse. It means more people doing drugs, and doing worse drugs.

Again, this is the problem of thinking in the terms of 'teams'. You end up doing the exact opposite of what you claim you are doing. In this instance, your approach increases drug use and makes the instances of drug use worse.

When you take action A, thinking it will improve outcome X - and then find that it does the opposite, you need to change what you are doing.

If you keep on doing action A afterwards, because it is what your team is doing, then that is the definition of insanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
      What about the populations would explain the difference?

We have an example of a place where drug laws have been greatly relaxed, and where none of the disaster you predicted has come to be - in fact it is better, not worse.

I'm not defending drug use. I pointed out that there is less drug use when you change the approach.
      That's not defending it, it is trying to reduce it.

Whereas your approach makes it worse. It means more people doing drugs, and doing worse drugs.

Again, this is the problem of thinking in the terms of 'teams'. You end up doing the exact opposite of what you claim you are doing. In this instance, your approach increases drug use and makes the instances of drug use worse.

When you take action A, thinking it will improve outcome X - and then find that it does the opposite, you need to change what you are doing.

If you keep on doing action A afterwards, because it is what your team is doing, then that is the definition of insanity.
      let a nation have a comparable pop and then we will talk.

your team really has no legs to stand on. theres nothing to compare how legalized hard drugs would effect a society of this size.

just fantasies on how it ''would'' work. strange how places with legal drugs arent as populated as they can be. one would think..........

tbf, youre putting up a sad defense for keeping things as they are

Comment

let a nation have a comparable pop and then we will talk.

your team really has no legs to stand on. theres nothing to compare how legalized hard drugs would effect a society of this size.

just fantasies on how it ''would'' work. strange how places with legal drugs arent as populated as they can be. one would think..........

tbf, youre putting up a sad defense for keeping things as they are
        It's not my 'team'. I don't have a team. I'm not a cheerleader. All I care about is reality.

The WHO themselves call for the same things I do. They state:
        • Countries should work toward developing policies and laws that decriminalize injection and other use of drugs and, thereby, reduce incarceration.
        • Countries should work toward developing policies and laws that decriminalize the use of clean needles and syringes (and that permit NSPs [needle and syringe programmes]) and that legalize OST [opioid substitution therapy] for people who are opioid-dependent.
        • Countries should ban compulsory treatment for people who use and/or inject drugs.

That's not a fringe group of druggies who go by their gut feeling. It is the world's premiere medical authority.

It's almost as though you are secretly trying to increase drug use and abuse.

Comment

• Anyone who drinks alcohol but argues against pot legalization is just a brainwashed hypocritical ******.

Comment

• Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
            Anyone who drinks alcohol but argues against pot legalization is just a brainwashed hypocritical ******.
            I agree. At least half the people I know are terrible drunks or they don't drink because they know better. As someone who regularly does both and hangs out with both crowds, the drinkers are 10× more rowdy than the smokers. Always.

If you want both illegal, I can understand that viewpoint even though I disagree. But anyone who thinks weed should be illegal, but drinks alcohol can't do any kind of critical thinking on their own. They need the government to make decisions for them.

Weed is legal medically and/or recreationally in over half the states in the U.S.

The people have spoken. If it doesn't get legalized federally, we will see weed legalized in most states at some point in our lifetime.

Comment

a 14 y/o male, yes. if youre gonna try and shame me, get it all the way right.
              You said female too

Comment

• Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                You said female too
                show me or blow me, bruh (i already know what i said).

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
                  It's not my 'team'. I don't have a team. I'm not a cheerleader. All I care about is reality.

The WHO themselves call for the same things I do. They state:
                  • Countries should work toward developing policies and laws that decriminalize injection and other use of drugs and, thereby, reduce incarceration.
                  • Countries should work toward developing policies and laws that decriminalize the use of clean needles and syringes (and that permit NSPs [needle and syringe programmes]) and that legalize OST [opioid substitution therapy] for people who are opioid-dependent.
                  • Countries should ban compulsory treatment for people who use and/or inject drugs.

That's not a fringe group of druggies who go by their gut feeling. It is the world's premiere medical authority.

It's almost as though you are secretly trying to increase drug use and abuse.
                  do you have any idea how easy it is to toss ideas around without taking time to consider the repercussions or feasibility of said ideas ???

clean needles will reduce the crimes attached to drugs use ?!?!? HOW ?!?!?!?!?

ONCE AGAIN, i dont gaF about an adult wanting to destroy their own bodies. just leave everyone else out of it. its that last sentence that id like to see these big ideas people address.

Comment

show me or blow me, bruh (i already know what i said).
                    I’m not gonna go searching for it. You said if your 14 yr old daughter was in love with her teacher you’d be ok with it as long as they lived under your rules and supervision

Comment

• Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                      I’m not gonna go searching for it. You said if your 14 yr old daughter was in love with her teacher you’d be ok with it as long as they lived under your rules and supervision

yeah, its easier to make unfounded accusations or take bits and pieces of a comment and word them how you want, eh

youre pretty fncking useless, bruh

Comment

Working...
                      X