No announcement yet.

The myth Golovkin is a small MW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The myth Golovkin is a small MW

People keep saying he's a small MW which is untrue. As most of us know Golovkin weighs around 170/171. I'm going to post fight night weights of other MW's below to show you he isn't small at all.

Martinez - 165, 168
    Proksa - 166
    Zbik - 165
    Taylor - 166, 169, 171
    Lee - 167.5
    Pavlik - 168, 171
    Hopkins - 166, 168, 169
    Wright - 168
    Barker - 168
    Jacobs - 170
    Pirog - 170
    Quillin - 170
    Macklin - 172
    Monroe - 172
    Miranda - 173
    Korobov - 173, 174

As you can see Golovkin isn't a small MW at all, so can we stop the nonsense.

All weights taken from this very helpful site.

http://basementgymboxing.blogspot.co...s-list-of.html
    http://basementgymboxing.blogspot.co...ration_22.html

GGG is probably average from a historical standpoint. But you're not disproving anything when you claim "he's not a small middlewight"

I think you could make the argument he is on the smaller side. I think GGG could fight at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
      GGG is probably average from a historical standpoint. But you're not disproving anything when you claim "he's not a small middlewight"

I think you could make the argument he is on the smaller side. I think GGG could fight at 154.
      People seem to think that if a guy isn't huge for his weight class that he's automatically small. He's definitely not small. He'd be a huge JMW. He's about average for a MW.

Comment

average middleweight

Comment

the mfer has biceps in his forearms. Dude is not a small mw at all and i laugh every time I hear that horse****

Comment

Average middleweight.

Comment

Most are 5'9" to 5' 10.5" and don't need to kill themselves to make weight!
              Hagler was 5'9" and could make weight without stress!
              He had very good reach for his height and was well muscled yet lean, similar to GGG.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.... View Post
                average middleweight
                Yes.

The Golovkin is a small MW myth really started when they wanted an excuse for the 164 catchweight they wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
                  Yes.

The Golovkin is a small MW myth really started when they wanted an excuse for the 164 catchweight they wanted.
                  yep....he unifying doe...why you picking on lil g doe...he unifying doe

Comment

he is a small middleweight, deal with it

Comment

Working...
                    X