Collapse
No announcement yet.

ti feel sick to my stomach and im embarrassed to call my self a fan of boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't agree with you more. This is ridiculous...There isn't a person on Williams' team who truly believes he won that fight. I'm taking a little break from boxing. I'll watch Wolak beat down Rodriguez and Marquez beat down Ramos, but I'm not interested in seeing Khan-Judah or Peterson-Cayo because those are two fights where somebody very well could be robbed. Its just sickening to see this. People watch this crap and then think to themselves, "Oh yeah, that's why I don't watch boxing".

The sad part is that it ruined such a great night. We now have two more top fighters in Molina and Lara, and Rios showed why he's considered the best Lightweight in the world. But these corrupt ass promoters/handlers had to pull that s**t...

Comment

Originally posted by mgsooner View Post
      You said the "more popular" guy always wins, and Cintron is absolutely a bigger name than Molina is. I see what you're trying to say, I'm just saying it doesn't happen ALWAYS. I was afraid that Molina might get "Top Ranked", but it was actually an excellent scorecard from all three judges.
      i just got through saying cintron is about as popular as skid marks on a girls panties

Comment

Green k sent, sir. This sport is so freaking dirty. Boxers must find their own ways to protect themselves at all time.

Comment

The furore over this is cracking me up.

Just about to watch it now.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
            Cintrons not popular, I've seen most Ricans on here bash him more than claim to be fans of his.
            It's usually an HBO thing. Showtime doesn't get too many robberies. A lot of this has to do with the fact that they don't usually sign 'fighters', they just make 'fights'. BUTE is the first person they've signed in a long long time, he's their fighter.

Everyone else usually is only there for a bout, then free to do their thing. HBO signs 'fighters' and therefore teh judging is usually crooked because that fighter is heavily backed by HBO and they want to push them.

Some bad Robberies as of late by fighters HBO was hand in hand with (some you can say were just close decisions )

Collazo vs Berto
            MArtinez vs Williams (1 judge only gave mart liek 2 rounds)
            Martinez Vs Cintron
            Matthysse vs Judah
            Matthysse vs Alexander
            Kotelnik vs Alexander

etc etc. HBO looks out for their fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              I was pissed when sturm got the decision over macklin but I knew it was at his home and there were some close rounds. I can live that. Williams however got his freaking ass beat in Atlantic city not south Carolina. It was so bad of a blatant robbery I'm literally embarrassed. People watch that and say boxing is fake its fixed might as well watch pro wrestling. Any credibility this sport has left is killed by ***** like that. People spend so much time talking about drug testing and yes while better testing will help advance the sport the biggest problem by far is bad and currupt judges. Its shameful
              I've been watching fights long enough to know that an ugly event like this will inevitably crop up if you watch long enough. I agree with everything you said, Natas. But perhaps the thing that disgusts me the most is the bolded statement. What's the point of watching if it's all a lie? Well, luckily for us, most fights are scored reasonably well. We may not always agree with the scores, but they're usually reasonable. That's what keeps us here. The bright side is that everyone knows Lara won. Erislandy will get what he deserves. Unfortunately, that doesn't include the "W" against P. Will.

Comment

It was a disgusting night.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                  I don't think I have ever seen a fight in which I thought it should have been stopped and the guy gets the decision.
                  Excellent point! lol Hadn't really thought about it until your post! It's just nuts....

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    I've been watching fights long enough to know that an ugly event like this will inevitably crop up if you watch long enough. I agree with everything you said, Natas. But perhaps the thing that disgusts me the most is the bolded statement. What's the point of watching if it's all a lie? Well, luckily for us, most fights are scored reasonably well. We may not always agree with the scores, but they're usually reasonable. That's what keeps us here. The bright side is that everyone knows Lara won. Erislandy will get what he deserves. Unfortunately, that doesn't include the "W" against P. Will.
                    how do I know lara will get what he deserves? who's going to want to fight him? that was an eliminator fight, that was going to set him up for a title shot. With that loss, maybe HBO is kind enough to give him another date but who will step in? He'll probably end up on Friday Night fights. it's a huge set back. And a victory over williams is a huge accomplishment on his resume, that's gone, no matter how many people know he won.

Comment

thought at first it was one idiot when they said 114-114
                      then 115-114? 116-114 for Williams?
                      crazy, he got his ass kicked
                      these robberies suck
                      Williams shoulda admitted it, but he posed

Comment

Working...
                      X