No announcement yet.

The Official Iceman John Scully Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Im Horny View Post
    hoooommmmbbbbbaaaaallllllllaaaaaaaaaa!!!! fuucking springer. actually my friend who got connections told me that oscar would quit by the end of 8, 3 days before the fight.

last question is why do we call this fighters great and so, so when fights are fixed anyway? so my guess is every fighter is a fraud.
    Guys dont take beatings like that if they are throwing a fight...they are not going to lose by a humiliating TKO and get beat up badly in the process

Comment

• Originally posted by Christus Regnat View Post
      Iceman John Scully Rocks. He, you seem like a cool guy on Tv. And I saw your fight aganist Nunn on ESPN and you tried to break down his body.

Christus Regnat, YES, I agree with everything you said!

Comment

• Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
        Mike Johnson didn't just fight Tommy Hearns...he BEAT Tommy at the Ohio State Fair.

As for Darin Allen...Darin had a spectacular amateur career that saw him beat three Olympic gold medalists, including Steve McCrory, Frank Tate and Henry Maske.
        when i go to the gym today im bout to give him MAJOR props!!

i knew he beat tommy but i didnt know he BEAT tommy

Comment

• Hey Scully, i saw James Toney's fight with Drake Thadzi not so long ago and as you probably already know Thadzi beat Toney. I noticed you also fought Thadzi after he beat Toney, how did that fight play out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
            Hey Scully, i saw James Toney's fight with Drake Thadzi not so long ago and as you probably already know Thadzi beat Toney. I noticed you also fought Thadzi after he beat Toney, how did that fight play out.
            Terribly! The worst night of my career...the worst period of time in my career actually, other than two years earlier when my mother passed away...I retired immediately after the fight, before I left the ring (came back a year later, of course)....long story short...I lost terrible amounts of weight, including 9 and a half pounds the night before the weigh-in...on top of that, everything else imaginable that could go wrong ...did!

Comment

Terribly! The worst night of my career...the worst period of time in my career actually, other than two years earlier when my mother passed away...I retired immediately after the fight, before I left the ring (came back a year later, of course)....long story short...I lost terrible amounts of weight, including 9 and a half pounds the night before the weigh-in...on top of that, everything else imaginable that could go wrong ...did!

i just checked your record Ice Man, my bad i thought you beat Thadzi

Honestly the last time i clicked on your record i could of swore you had a "W" over Thadzi that is why i brought it up

i feel like a real ******* now

Comment

• Really enjoyed reading this thread!

Alrite fella, what do you think of the reality boxing show the contender?
                and would you of considered doing it if it was around when you were coming up in pro boxing.

Comment

• No, dont feel bad, Terrible. It's all part of the game, we win and we lose... thing shappen, sometimes out of our control...you didn't insult me or anything... as for the Contender...I am sure if I had the opportunity back in the day I would have... funny, in early 2005 I asked Sugar Ray (he was promoting a fighter I trained) about what the entry process to the show entailed and he said that I was too experienced for the show...they have obviously changed the criteria after Season 1 (Steve Forbes was a world champion before the show!)

Comment

No, dont feel bad, Terrible. It's all part of the game, we win and we lose... thing shappen, sometimes out of our control...you didn't insult me or anything... as for the Contender...I am sure if I had the opportunity back in the day I would have... funny, in early 2005 I asked Sugar Ray (he was promoting a fighter I trained) about what the entry process to the show entailed and he said that I was too experienced for the show...they have obviously changed the criteria after Season 1 (Steve Forbes was a world champion before the show!)

Cool, cheers John

what did Michael Nunn tell you at the end of your fight with him ?

and what was the game plan going in ?

Comment

• Iceman I know this is gonna be a long question, but theres something I wanna ask, lol. I really want to get into boxing, I love, I go running everyday, do my sit ups and stuff. I love, I mean love to practice the technical part of the sport. Theres one problem though. The gym closest to me is about 40 minutes away and in a really really bad neighborhood. I usually dont care about the neighborhood, but the thing that sucks, is I dont want to go there everyday because it only 5 days a week, only one hour a day. I find the drive way longer then the time Ive spent training so Ive stopped going. My boy he fought Andre Ward and lost a decision trains there and Ive seem him spar and box on ESPN but I know I could do much much better. So what would you recommed me to do, if I really want to learn the sport. I swear if I had the power to I would go to a gym 7 days a week, 4-5 hours per day, but like I said the drive and everything for onyl one hour. Im unemployed and I was thinking of moving somewhere close to a famous boxing gym to work and train at the same time. Ive conteplated Berinstains gym in Mexico and the gym where Cotto trains in PR. So what would you tell me to do????? Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X