The Official Iceman John Scully Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
    I am curious of this too Iceman...
    You know, I think with Floyd, just like with Roy Jones, a lot of people pick against more in HOPING he does lose as opposed to actually believing he will...they point out all the reasons why he will lose but, at the same time, they personally insult him. So it seems people use their hearts instead of their heads to choose who will win...One thing I know about Floyd, he steps up to the plate when called to do so...I really like Pacman a lot but as great as he is, you have to point out all the great things Floyd can do in the ring, too. Pac presents some real problems in terms of explosiveness and speed of hand, feet and upper body...especially compared to the majority of the man PBF has faced above 140...I think Pac gives him problems with his tenacity and willingness and his speed and power and technique...but Floyd gives him problems, too, obviously with all of his attributes...I don't see how anyone can bet against Floyd unless they just really don't like him...I pick him to win...and, for the record, if he does lose to Pac I think it would be an obvious case of where Pac's speed and accurate power shots suprise Floyd in a big way...I don't think it will happen but if it does I think that will be the reason for it...
    Last edited by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY; 09-24-2009, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
      You know, I think with Floyd, just like with Roy Jones, a lot of people pick against more in HOPING he does lose as opposed to actually believing he will...they point out all the reasons why he will lose but, at the sme rime, they personally insult him. So it seems people use their hearts instead of their heads to choose who will win...One thing I know about Floyd, he steps up to the plate when called to do so...I really like Pacman a lot but as great as he is, you have to point out all the great things Floyd can do in the ring, too. Pac presents some real problems in terms of explosiveness and speed of hand, feet and upper body...especially compared to the majority of the man PBF has faced above 140...I think Pac gives him problems with his tenacity and willingness and his speed and power and technique...but Floyd gives him problems, too, obviously with all of his attributes...I dont see how anyone can bet against Floyd unless they just really dont like him...O pick him to win....and, for the record, if he does lose to Pac I think it would be an obvious case of where Pac's speed and accurate power shots supprise Floyd in a big way...I dont think it will happen but if it does I think that will be the reason for it...
      Cool, good post... you have a fair opinion.

Comment

• See I would pick Floyd to beat Cotto, Pac or SSM which makes it all the moire annoying he won't step up and fight them.

Makes me mad...

Comment

• Originally posted by hammerhiem View Post
          See I would pick Floyd to beat Cotto, Pac or SSM which makes it all the moire annoying he won't step up and fight them.

Makes me mad...
          I tend to think he has gotten just a bit delusional in terms of his place..he is a big star, YES, pound for pound all that..but I definitely do not think he is a Sugar Ray Leonard, an Oscar De La Hoya, who is almost bigger than the sport....some of you may be too young to remember but when Sugar Ray Leonard was retiring and unretiring in the early 80's it was HUGE news...his 1982 retirement speech was broadcast in PRIME TIME on network TV!!!!!!! PBF isnt there...no way...

Comment

• Hi John, just want to say cheers for giving your thoughts on so many things, a real interesting read.

My question is how would you see a possible match up between, Bernard Hopkins vs Chad Dawson, how would you see the fight going and do you think the fight will ever happen?

Also the "Super six world boxing classic", with Carl Froch, kessler, abraham, taylor and so on, what do you make of the tournement and who do you think will win it?
            I personally think the tourne is great for boxing, to get 5 different promoters, 6 boxing ego's to agree to fight in one tourne is what boxing needs, i hope it is a success and could lead to other tourne's at different weights.

Regards

Aaron

Comment

• Hey Scully I just read your interview on boxing talk. No disrespect man but this always reminded me of you. Check it out. It's all in good fun!

Family Guy - Brian's novel
              Vezi mai multe video din Animatie

Comment

• [QUOTE=VipersThunder;6176899]Hey Scully I just read your interview on boxing talk. No disrespect man but this always reminded me of you. Check it out. It's all in good fun!

No offense but I have a couple youtubes that remind me of you, too

Comment

• Congratalations ICEMAN for being inducted to Connecticut Hall of Fame..you desreve it well done

Comment

• Originally posted by azza21 View Post
                    Hi John, just want to say cheers for giving your thoughts on so many things, a real interesting read.

My question is how would you see a possible match up between, Bernard Hopkins vs Chad Dawson, how would you see the fight going and do you think the fight will ever happen?

Also the "Super six world boxing classic", with Carl Froch, kessler, abraham, taylor and so on, what do you make of the tournement and who do you think will win it?
                    I personally think the tourne is great for boxing, to get 5 different promoters, 6 boxing ego's to agree to fight in one tourne is what boxing needs, i hope it is a success and could lead to other tourne's at different weights.
                    I think that B-Hops would need a lot of money to fight Chad...and he might not want to risk looking bad against what is essentially another young Roy Jones like guy to deal with...and the problem is that Chad doesnt generate THAT kind of money yet...if it happened, you never know, Bernard has a lot of tricks up his sleeve...he could give Chad some real style problems....Chad is better when you go to him in a straight line....but when its all said and done, by the time they ever fight, Nard' will be 44 or 45!! A guy like Chad shoul dnever ever ever lose to a 45 year old guy....

Also, I think the Super 6 is AWESOME....thats how it should be done!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pele..Rjj..23 View Post
                      Congratalations ICEMAN for being inducted to Connecticut Hall of Fame..you desreve it well done
                      Appreciate it, thank you...

should be a very nice night at the Mohegan Sun in November...

Comment

Working...
                      X