Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Felix Trinidad Hoping To Avoid Losing Everything, Being Bankrupt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
    Boxers are easily the dumbest athletes. Sad
    They punch each other in the face for years. What do you expect?

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
      Used to love watching Tito fight. he Is certainly one of my favorite fighters and what he Is going through Is a tragedy, but come on, you don't hand over 63 million dollars. I would have had It buried In the back yard before trusting anyone else with It.
      It took me a minute to put my finger on but as soon as I analyzed his posts a little harder it immediately came to me. I couldn't think of his name but I knew exactly who it was. Not because of the name but because he.... kept.... posting ****.... like this... you get my drift....

Comment

Wow, I didn't know it was this bad for Tito. Sucks to hear about this news.

Maybe he can talk to his old friend Oscar and see if he can work for him.

Seems like Cotto is investing and taking care of his money and funds wisely. I don't know what happened with Trinidad?

I wish him luck and hope he can turn things around. Perhaps he can work with Oscar. I wish Tito the best.
        Last edited by The Time; 06-08-2017, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
          Trinidad vs Mayorga ll on the way.
          They met in Nicaragua 4 months ago, i think there will be rematch. Heres the vid

Comment

Originally posted by BartBears View Post
            They met in Nicaragua 4 months ago, i think there will be rematch. Heres the vid

Wow...I was making a joke LOL. Kind of sad.

Comment

Such a sad story Trinidad was one of my favorite fighters. Sucks to see that he is broke after such a great career where he made a lot of money.

Comment

If worse comes to worst, I think he should be given an opportunity at ESPN Deportes instead of just Juan Manuel Marquez. JMM also works Box Azteca so his career is sound. I would love to hear the Puerto Rican's point of view in the mix in a suit. Seems like ESPN Deportes is biased to only Mexican style looking hosts. Considering Puerto Rican's are integral part of the sport, man it's only fair for someone like Tito should get an opportunity.

Highly unlikely but it's wishful thinking. Unfortunately Puerto Rican broadcasting relies on American broadcasting for all technicalities

Comment

Originally posted by TreJac View Post
                  It's sad to see my favorite boxer end up like this! When will these athletes learn? Never give another person power of attorney or anything over your hard earned money. Why take math every year in school just to let some slick talking advisor tell you how to spend/invest your money?
                  Many athletes get in this same situation... not just boxers. MOST NBA players are broke within 5-10 years after retirement. These guys often times are not smart beyond their sport. Sad, but reality. The sanctioning organizations SHOULD give the retiring boxers a mandatory course on how to keep their finances working for them throughout their life.

Comment

Not a surprise at all, we have seen this time and time again. This would continue until somehow some type of help is offered somewhere. Mayweather had to unretire after losing all his money too years ago. He was lucky he had age on his side. This boxers go through so much and you hope they would be able to enjoy their monies or buy a farm somewhere and relax and enjoy their retirement AKA (Maidana and Naz) but we see more cases like Tito's one. This is his last cry for help because he knows he is going down if he loses the court case.

Comment

Tito made some dumb investments and got taken advantage of. Sounds dumb, but can't help but feel bad for the guy since he got taken advantage of.

I wouldn't feel as bad for him if he blew his money cocaine, hookers and cars. At least he would have had fun on his way to bankruptcy.

Comment

Working...
                      X