Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shadow Boxing + Promo Video (Fight 12 Days Away)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow Boxing + Promo Video (Fight 12 Days Away)

Alright so the fight is just under 2 weeks away... and I can't stop myself from watching RJJ training vids and fights studying every little thing I can

and I've noticed in some fights he would do a pumping jab where he would pump 2-3 real fast short jabs then on the end of it shoot a long jab ..I love that move kind of confuses the opponent with the range so that's what this shadow boxing video is of... me trying to learn how to do that.. this is my first time ever attempting that move so its a work in progress but ive been practicing all day

another move in this short shadow boxing vid is his feints.. he does like a lil studder step and lean in with his front shoulder for a feint.. I got this move down.. so yeah just practicing that and the pumping jab for the most part

Below is just a promo video I did for my best friend.. he is also fighting in the event.. this is just to show you guys how the venue looks.. its pretty dope for a AM Bout.. considering the live djs, commentators, get to pick your own ring walk music... ppl have to pay $100-150 a pop just to get in.. open bar etc. so in many ways it feels like a pro bout except u have headgear.. I was fooling around with editing and put HBO music to it to hype him up but yeah man check it out

No concerns on the punch itself, but you're too stiff. Jones worked a "drunken master" style in his prime, relaxed, eyes never really focused on anything specific, when flicking that shot out.

Many boxers use your body language to tell what shot is coming your way. Mastering the art of seeing everything while broadcasting nothing is the key to landing off the feint. Stiff stance means you're trying to square up for something. Relaxed stance could mean 6 different things - which works to your advantage.

Another one who I feel has feints down to a science is Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      No concerns on the punch itself, but you're too stiff. Jones worked a "drunken master" style in his prime, relaxed, eyes never really focused on anything specific, when flicking that shot out.

Many boxers use your body language to tell what shot is coming your way. Mastering the art of seeing everything while broadcasting nothing is the key to landing off the feint. Stiff stance means you're trying to square up for something. Relaxed stance could mean 6 different things - which works to your advantage.

Another one who I feel has feints down to a science is Canelo.

Thanks.. I'll work on it.. not sure if Canelo style would fit for me... but I will def work on being more relaxed... my eyes when sparring never really focuses on anything specific.. sometimes its like im not even really looking at my opponent at all but I am.. hard to explain

Comment

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
        Thanks.. I'll work on it.. not sure if Canelo style would fit for me... but I will def work on being more relaxed... my eyes when sparring never really focuses on anything specific.. sometimes its like im not even really looking at my opponent at all but I am.. hard to explain
        Canelo's stance probably wouldn't fit your build, no. I'm referring to HOW he feints, which I love more than Jones.

Canelo, he throws a feint jab, a flick, so you'll try and block it, then nails you upstairs with the right. It's a thing of beauty every time I see it.

Comment

Working...
        X