No announcement yet.

Bob Arum on joseph parker: we don't want a unification, looking at david price

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
    You have issue with Bob making money but no issue with Golden Goose Gennady facing career welters for PPV cash ? It's all about those financials though right ?
    Money?

I don't care about the financials at all when it comes to boxing. I am a boxing fan. A fight fan. Like others have said on here before, I don't concern myself with another grown mans money. I care about what happens in the ring. That's it.
    Last edited by LoadedWraps; 12-22-2016, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Disappointed in Arum already. This goes against the wishes of his fighter, and I sure hope Parker and co put this old man in his place.

Parker seems like one of the few guys going around who just wants to fight good fighters and prove himself - which makes him a unicorn in boxing today.

Bobby needs to get the **** outta the way, or throw his weight behind getting Wilder or Joshua in the ring with Parker. Fans are sick of tuneups, we want prize fights.

Actually, I shouldn't include Wilder in this - everyone knows he's not interested in a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        Money?

I don't care about the financials at all when it comes to boxing. I am a boxing fan. A fight fan. Like others have said on here before, I don't concern myself with another grown mans money. I care about what happens in the ring. That's it.
        You felt GGG vs Brook was a competitive fight ?

Comment

David Price as the opponent...

Before I will completely write off Price there are 2 things that come to mind. The first is he got beat by 2 drug cheats. Now that might have not made a difference but something to consider. Price has one punch KO power so he has that going for him but since the Teper loss his new coach thought he should put on weight as he was fighting in the 245-250 range. He is now a solid 278-280. Will that slow him down? It may but the key to the weight gain was getting thicker so he could absorb shots better. He put on 30lbs of muscle & he looks a lot more menacing. I am very interested to see how the extra 30lbs does for him against a legit opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
            You felt GGG vs Brook was a competitive fight ?
            Yea I think it was until they stopped it, wish they hadn't. I still believe Golovkin chose to fight him more recklessly because he didn't fear his power, but the fight was competitive imo and I would have loved to have seen how things would have gone had the fight not been stopped and/or had he not gotten injured at all that early.

Comment

Working...
            X