No announcement yet.

How Did You Score It RBR: Oscar De La Hoya vs Felix Trinidad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
    I remember I had Oscar looking great for most of the fight, then freaking out and screaming for him to do something the last 3 rounds or so.

Won't watch it again to give a scorecard. Believe it or not I'm still too angry to see that fight for a 2nd time. Haven't seen it again.

I remember the night so well. The nerves, the anxiety the agony of watching your favorite boxer lose his 0.

Gotta love boxing.
    I remember the replay of the fight a week later and a Mosley fight being on, with Mosley also being ahead and not making the same mistake of coasting, but finishing strong, managing to get the TKO. That's how you fight down the stretch. Leave no doubt and if possible, you might not have to leave it in the hands of the judges if you fight hard every round. Especially in Vegas, you never know what kind of crap scoring you're going to get there. Go for the finish, especially down the stretch.

Comment

Yup. The corner felt he could cruise. Smh.

One of the most memorable fights. I think they threw Felix a parade in PR lol

Comment

I remember on Legendary Nights when they even mentioned one of the judges gave Oscar the 12th round, even though he didn't throw a single punch. Wasn't Willie Pep the only other boxer to win a round on a scorecard without throwing a punch?

Comment

I don't recall the Rd-by-rd. but I remember being sure entering the tenth round that Tito needed a knockout to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            I remember on Legendary Nights when they even mentioned one of the judges gave Oscar the 12th round, even though he didn't throw a single punch. Wasn't Willie Pep the only other boxer to win a round on a scorecard without throwing a punch?
            I believe the Pep story is actually a myth that continues to live on. Had a few historians tell me that wasn't true.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              I believe the Pep story is actually a myth that continues to live on. Had a few historians tell me that wasn't true.
              But since Oscar was given a round in this fight without throwing a punch, maybe one of the judges in that fight scored that round for Pep too? That's all I'm saying or rather speculating, you know? I imagine the scorecard for that particular fight is out there somewhere though, of the fight and particular round are known?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                I'm gonna probably continue to tell some people it's true, except for close friends haha.

Comment

Scored it for Trinidad

Comment

It was a close fight. I had Oscar winning by 1 round. Hopkins broke both them boys down.

Chin checked Trinidad, liver shot to Oscar.. perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                      I remember the replay of the fight a week later and a Mosley fight being on, with Mosley also being ahead and not making the same mistake of coasting, but finishing strong, managing to get the TKO. That's how you fight down the stretch. Leave no doubt and if possible, you might not have to leave it in the hands of the judges if you fight hard every round. Especially in Vegas, you never know what kind of crap scoring you're going to get there. Go for the finish, especially down the stretch.
                      Yeah, Oscar danced like a ballerina, I was yelling at the boob tube, engage... puto engage..

Comment

Working...
                      X