No announcement yet.

WBC ordered Stevenson vs Gvozdyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... maybe they don't take as a serious business the WBC state of affairs at LHW... For instance, WBC ordered Stevenson-Alvarez at least twice, but Alvarez took step aside money... Then WBC ordered Gvozdyk to fight Marcus Browne, Barrera, Alvarez, but all these three withdrew from those ordered fights...
    WBC LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION STATUS CLARIFICATION (Jan 11, 2018)

http://wbcboxing.com/wbceng/news/991...-clarification

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      There were 3 attempts to make Kovalev vs Stevenson and every one was initiated by Kovalev's promoter.

Now let's see you try to spin that.
      So your argument is that since Kovalev lobbied to become the mandatory, it's okay that he refused to take the fight once he was the mandatory?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
        The WBC is a joke. They could at least order some bum for a mandatory.
        They did name a bum. Kovalev. Kovalev refused to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Uh oh. Stevenson got another real fight on his hands. I think this one is gonna be asking to much of him. I though Jack did better than expected. If The Nail does better than expected he's not just beating Adonis he's stopping him as I see it.

I am not sure about that. The last time Gvozdyk fought a southpaw he himself was getting nailed in it and even got dropped. He does not want to get nailed by Stevenson or his night is done.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
            They did name a bum. Kovalev. Kovalev refused to fight.
            That only proves how corrupt they are. Isn't it against their rules to rank a champion of another organization??? In fact, I only know that, because you are the one who told me.

So, they broke their own rules to name one mandatory, which never even went through, in four and a half years???

Yes, they tried to make one of the best fights that could be made (by breaking their own rules) and since that didn't work, they decided, they would forget their is a light heavyweight division.

Like I said, the WBC doesn't even try to hide that they are corrupt.

Comment

That only proves how corrupt they are. Isn't it against their rules to rank a champion of another organization??? In fact, I only know that, because you are the one who told me.

So, they broke their own rules to name one mandatory, which never even went through, in four and a half years???

Yes, they tried to make one of the best fights that could be made (by breaking their own rules) and since that didn't work, they decided, they would forget their is a light heavyweight division.

Like I said, the WBC doesn't even try to hide that they are corrupt.
              just check with the link I provided above...

http://wbcboxing.com/wbceng/news/991...-clarification

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
                ... Stevenson loves to counter and that lefty might find a sweet spot sooner than later...
                What do you mean? Because Gvozdyk is a counter puncher himself. That might make the first part of the fight quite boring, but Gvozdyk will not make anything fancy in the first rounds, for sure. And he's more than fine (actually it's what Gvozdyk wants) with fighting all 12 rounds, if needed. So, actually, it's Stevenson who will have to come forward to have his chance at winning.

All in all, I doubt Stevenson will even accept this fight (against a "bum" ) and will rather vacate his title to retire or to fight someone else for money.

Comment

But they didn't rank the champion of another organization. They granted his request to fight for Pascal's diamond title and to become the mandatory if he won. So he wasn't actually ranked, he was WBC diamond champion and named mandatory to the WBC world champion at his request. The WBC gave Kovalev everything he asked for and he still ducked Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by minemax View Post
                    What do you mean? Because Gvozdyk is a counter puncher himself. That might make the first part of the fight quite boring, but Gvozdyk will not make anything fancy in the first rounds, for sure. And he's more than fine (actually it's what Gvozdyk wants) with fighting all 12 rounds, if needed. So, actually, it's Stevenson who will have to come forward to have his chance at winning.

All in all, I doubt Stevenson will even accept this fight (against a "bum" ) and will rather vacate his title to retire or to fight someone else for money.
                    ... actually Gvozdyk went 12 rounds only once in his career -- namely vs that poor Mehdi Amar...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      ... actually Gvozdyk went 12 rounds only once in his career -- namely vs that poor Mehdi Amar...
                      Well, he didn't have to prior to that. The point is he's young (relatively, at least), he's disciplined and motivated, he trains very hard — physically it will not be a problem for him to go all the distance, it's what he wants (he has already stated it in a couple of interviews).

Comment

Working...
                      X