No announcement yet.

Can Pacquiao finish his career and be considered equal to or better than Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
    If he can pull of wins against some of the younger guys such as Brook, Garcia, Thurman, Crawford or Khan? Floyd has no one on his resume that can compete with Morales and Barrera IMO and all of there common opponents besides Marquez were beaten In more spectacular fashion by Pacquiao. On the flip side, Floyd did get the win over Manny and rightfully so. On that note and as of right now, Floyd should be ranked higher. But what If Pacquiao Is able to make a run and dispose of some of these highly ranked young guns particularly against some of the names mentioned above. At the end of the day do these two finish as equals? If not who deserves to be ranked higher based on what they accomplished In the ring and In there careers.

This thread Is not Intended as a bash thread targeted at either fighter. We have enough of that on a daily basis. I am just curious as to what others opinions are on where these to fighters stand when comparing there resumes and career accomplishments.
    Dude Pacquiao is naturally smaller than Mayweather. The fact that Pacquiao did much better than Floyd in their 4 common opponents shows you something.

If Mayweather beaten a prime Pacquiao before, then I would rank Mayweather ahead of Pacquaio. But he didn't, he won to a post-ko Pacquiao with injuries too. Lets add the Iv Scandal and the value of than win goes to zero

Duran lost all his fights against fab 4 (except Leonard 1) and still considered as top 10 fighter of all time. Why? because he was the smaller fighter in those fight.

I do not rank fighter because of 1 fight. Pacquiao achieved way more than Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
      No. Because in our perspective floyd can also beat all those young guns mentioned above including pac's best wins against morales and barrera. Pac might also be able to beat everyone in floyds resume which is more arguable than the other way around. So its still boils down to the fact that floyd beat pac. Floyd's punch stats/consistency etc. etc makes him higher overall.
      See that's the problem. Floyd beats them without fighting them. SMH.

I will based my ranking of Floyd to the opponents he beat and when he beats them.

Comment

Not at all possible and as mentioned Pacquiao has already beaten fighters greater than the crop we're seeing today. I considered Mayweather greater before the two even clashed and the fight only reassured me of such. What also knocks Pacqiao out of contention is his struggles with Marquez as well as getting knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by gamesworn View Post
          Dude Pacquiao is naturally smaller than Mayweather. The fact that Pacquiao did much better than Floyd in their 4 common opponents shows you something.

If Mayweather beaten a prime Pacquiao before, then I would rank Mayweather ahead of Pacquaio. But he didn't, he won to a post-ko Pacquiao with injuries too. Lets add the Iv Scandal and the value of than win goes to zero

Duran lost all his fights against fab 4 (except Leonard 1) and still considered as top 10 fighter of all time. Why? because he was the smaller fighter in those fight.

I do not rank fighter because of 1 fight. Pacquiao achieved way more than Mayweather.
          What is wrong with you people , Floyd fought Oscar and Cotto at 154 , they would destroy Manny at that weight , Floyd schooled JMM like he was B grade amateur and he fought Mosley coming of a big KO not coming of 2 loses , Manny has a habit of fighting guys coming of loses and he has not fought a genuine WW in 8 fights except for Floyd who shut him down to a peep .

You fanboys cry a river yet you dont know the very basics of boxing .

Manny will more than likely not fight a WW if he fights again and it wont be an elite one , maybe Khan only because of his glass chin .

Comment

Not with those fighters you listed.

At this stage of his career, no. That ship has sailed.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
              What is wrong with you people , Floyd fought Oscar and Cotto at 154 , they would destroy Manny at that weight , Floyd schooled JMM like he was B grade amateur and he fought Mosley coming of a big KO not coming of 2 loses , Manny has a habit of fighting guys coming of loses and he has not fought a genuine WW in 8 fights except for Floyd who shut him down to a peep .

You fanboys cry a river yet you dont know the very basics of boxing .

Manny will more than likely not fight a WW if he fights again and it wont be an elite one , maybe Khan only because of his glass chin .
              Haha. You are one the biggest Floyd Fanboy here. You can believe what you want. There is no point arguing with you.

Comment

"Floyd didn't take risks."

12 Time "Ring" Champ

154 belts; 3 times

Pacquiao; 6 Time Ring champ. Pac had to fight Marquez 4 times with the same erroneous malicious writing of Hauser, "USADA keeps trying to get a negative result."

Crawford, Matthysse, Rod Salka...these guys could luck out KO'ing Pac and everybody will still come and make excuses.

GGG. Ring titles...0....age....34

Boxing Trollage 2015

Comment

Even with Pac's losses. Pac is ahead of Floyd even now. His résumé speaks for itself. He fought the guys when they were threats and made a statement time and time again.

It's not even an argument here. Pac all day.

Froid roid cherry picking washed up fighters shouldn't even be mentioned among the greats lol

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                    Even with Pac's losses. Pac is ahead of Floyd even now. His résumé speaks for itself. He fought the guys when they were threats and made a statement time and time again.

It's not even an argument here. Pac all day.
                    Pac fought guys after Floyd beat...requesting catchweights.

Pac's been KOd 3 times. Marquez put him to sleep! Can't change history.

Comment

Originally posted by gamesworn View Post

Bam! You nailed. Floyd's fictional win with a one armed Pac that he allegedly won while he was Roided up. Is a win value of zero lol

Comment

Working...
                      X