• Time
  • Show
Clear All

that was a excellent and true breakdown

but ill be honest with u im still waiting on the porter/broner rematch

broner sparks him this tim

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
      and that has always been one of my biggest criticisms of Haymons operation. A "manager" has a fiduciary duty to represent the best interests of the fighter, and that is impossible to do when that same "manager" also represents the opponent, because everything negotiated for fighter A comes at the expense of fighter B. Their interests oppose each other.

A perfect example was the Floyd-Maidana glove issue. Anyone who thinks Maidanas interests got represented by his "manager" are out of their minds.

Yet when I mention this conflict Im always called a hater lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post

haymon puts in work,lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
          or AB knew he HIMSELF wouldn't make weight at the second weigh in...IMO, it went down in one of those three ways
          That's what it was about. They only wanted to put it into effect if it hurt Porter and helped Broner, which is why they didn't get the contract until last minute and it was removed. If Broner had not made the second weight in, it would have been the Escobedo situation all over again; imagine how it would have looked if Porter pulled out because Broner didnt make weight to honor a second weigh in clause that was there to protect him?

Porter has never been one of Haymons favorites, but honestly I think Al just thinks of him as an opponent type (Alfonso Gomez, Robert Guerrero) after getting completely outclassed by Brook, and is probably pissed that Porter put a serious dent in a guy that is still bring groomed as the next Mayweather (in terms of starpower) when he beat Broner.

Al probably doesnt want him fighting Thurman for the same reason.

Comment

Just saw this

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              Just saw this

lol wow kenny got his son mad dogging poeple for no reason now????smh

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
                lol wow kenny got his son mad dogging poeple for no reason now????smh

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                  Porter will never sniff those heights. A.) He's not good enough. B.) He has NOTHING appealing about him. He's one of MANY talented boxers. He does nothing that stands out, inside or outside the ring.

And I like Porter. I follow him on IG. He seems like a great guy.
                  All Holyfield did was talk about Jesus & ****. He was the most boring HW champion outside the ring in forever possibly at that point. Klitschko has since become the ATG most boring HW champion & made Holyfield look like Carrot Top to Klitschko's Mr. Rogers.

A)He's for sure good enough. You are saying he can beat Thurman & Spence & run through the Haymon roster basically lol, you obviously think he's good enough cuz those guys don't suck & are among the best of this next era of 147lbers

B)The guy is exciting & fun to watch. He can stay up in your face all night. Thats the reason I brought up Holyfield cuz it seemed like the perfect comparison (outside of the HW angle for Holyfield) cuz they both aren't the most interesting guys to talk to if you're a writer & want a sexy headline, but in the ring they entertain & just like Holyfield got those right wins to make him go mainstream, Porter could get those same wins that could make him go mainstream, Thurman would be an extremely good start to that happening

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    That's what it was about. They only wanted to put it into effect if it hurt Porter and helped Broner, which is why they didn't get the contract until last minute and it was removed. If Broner had not made the second weight in, it would have been the Escobedo situation all over again; imagine how it would have looked if Porter pulled out because Broner didnt make weight to honor a second weigh in clause that was there to protect him?

Porter has never been one of Haymons favorites, but honestly I think Al just thinks of him as an opponent type (Alfonso Gomez, Robert Guerrero) after getting completely outclassed by Brook, and is probably pissed that Porter put a serious dent in a guy that is still bring groomed as the next Mayweather (in terms of starpower) when he beat Broner.

Al probably doesnt want him fighting Thurman for the same reason.
                    That fight was too close and ugly for anybody to be outclassing the other. I picked Brook to win and thought he won but outclassed?? Nah never lol.

The rest of it is true though, I'm wondering why Thurman hasn't said anything about this fight happening either. He has to chance to take on someone young and in their prime like himself, to me he has not proven a great deal as yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X