No announcement yet.

jab right cross

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jab right cross

Is it true that when throwing the left jab or right cross that they should not cross youre centre line? Does that mean that they never cross paths for instance say just for examples sake if you threw the jab and right cross at the same time they would both land side by side right next to each other but without crossing over each other,Although i know this probably wouldnt be the case on the focus mitts(pads) but on the bags and when facing an opponent.Hope this makes sense....

Good question, i never heard anything about that before. But i would tend to doubt it, i mean i always threw the 2 punches at the same spot on the bag, and when sparring i just throw it where i know it's going to land. Never had a trainer say something about it.

Most of the times on the pads your punches cross paths anyway.

I'm interested to see what other people have to say about this.

Comment

Originally posted by colin scott View Post
      Is it true that when throwing the left jab or right cross that they should not cross youre centre line? Does that mean that they never cross paths for instance say just for examples sake if you threw the jab and right cross at the same time they would both land side by side right next to each other but without crossing over each other,Although i know this probably wouldnt be the case on the focus mitts(pads) but on the bags and when facing an opponent.Hope this makes sense....
      If your punches landed side by side would they both land on your opponents face?

And your opponent's head may move in the time between throwing a jab and a straight right.

Just concentrate on hitting the target and not on invisible lines.

Comment

sort of like near the end of this clip if you see what i mean...http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kFEDVE...eature=related

Comment

u described basically what we call "the crushing sequence/phase"

either way u throw a punch though, the center of your mass should be squared to your punch. if it is, then ur all good.

centerline is not just in front

Comment

Originally posted by j View Post
            u described basically what we call "the crushing sequence/phase"

either way u throw a punch though, the center of your mass should be squared to your punch. if it is, then ur all good.

centerline is not just in front
            Could you elaborate on this a little, j?

Comment

Originally posted by Bendigo View Post
              Could you elaborate on this a little, j?
              i have like 5 minutes now, sure bro.

the direction of your bodyweight needs to be aligned with your punch.

so, if u throw a cross, and u turn how ever much u need to, as long as your body can back it directly, it will have good power.

Comment

pac's left that knocked down marquez went waay across.. it had a bit of a loop to it too

Comment

Originally posted by j View Post
                  i have like 5 minutes now, sure bro.

the direction of your bodyweight needs to be aligned with your punch.

so, if u throw a cross, and u turn how ever much u need to, as long as your body can back it directly, it will have good power.
                  Got it. Makes sense. Thanks for the information, j!

Comment

Originally posted by Bendigo View Post
                    Got it. Makes sense. Thanks for the information, j!
                    no prob.

now get training, space fish have some granite beards!

Comment

Working...
                    X