No announcement yet.

Adonis Stevenson is nothing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adonis Stevenson is nothing

Now, I don't like to hate on boxers and I used to really like Stevenson. From 2013 to 2014, he looked great in destroying Dawson, Cloud, Bellew and Fonfara. Since then, it went horribly bad. He fought lame opponents and I lost interest. Now I checked again and he is fighting FONFARA again? Really? What a joke. Give up your belt, Stevenson, you're a waste of boxing space. Who wants to see a cowardly lion fighting sacrifical sheeps in every fight, lol.

Hasn't he retired ?

Comment

Yeah, he's really just out on a cash grab and doesn't hide it either. No real boxing aspirations.

Hopefully Funfara can KO him

Comment

It wouldnt surprise me if fonfara did beat him. The first fight was pretty close and stevenson is only getting older and hes quite inactive.

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
          Now, I don't like to hate on boxers and I used to really like Stevenson. From 2013 to 2014, he looked great in destroying Dawson, Cloud, Bellew and Fonfara. Since then, it went horribly bad. He fought lame opponents and I lost interest. Now I checked again and he is fighting FONFARA again? Really? What a joke. Give up your belt, Stevenson, you're a waste of boxing space. Who wants to see a cowardly lion fighting sacrifical sheeps in every fight, lol.
          I liked his initial run as champ too but can you really blame him for fighting Fonfara again? Theg uy is a legit contender, not a great fighter or anything but then again, LHW is pretty stale beyond the top 3 or 4 names.

He can't fight Bet as that guy is waiting on Ward and Kovalev and whether we like it or not, Kov's team were the ones who turned down the Stevenson fight, so it is what it is.

Comment

Tommy Karpency, Sakio Bika, Andrzej Fonfara....

This old man's bum of the month tour sure is boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Thurman View Post
              Tommy Karpency, Sakio Bika, Andrzej Fonfara....

This old man's bum of the month tour sure is boring.
              "Bernard Hopkins is the main reason why Adonis is on Showtime and not on HBO. We were in a meeting with Richard Schaefer [then promoter of Hopkins]. Hopkins said: "If Adonis comes on Showtime, we do a unification together," says Yvon Michel. Everybody got a hug and we decided to go in that direction. There was a conflict between Schaefer and Hopkins and Hopkins went on HBO to fight against Kovalev. "
              In the event of a victory, Stevenson already knows what he wants: to fight in unification fight against the winner of the rematch between Andre Ward and Sergei Kovalev.
              "The unification, I'm here. I'll let Al Haymon negotiate. I think unification is what the planet would like to see in boxing. "

English translation.:
              Source: http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/sports...-critiques.php

“I’m the king. It (the criticism) doesn’t bother me. It has been four years I’m the champ,” Stevenson said. “Talk like that doesn’t mean anything. The opportunity, when it’s coming, it’s coming.
              “It’s not my fault when Kovalev pulled out. It’s not my fault when Hopkins went on HBO. That’s the game. I don’t care and I don’t listen to people like that,” he added. “I’m the king of the light-heavyweights. When you’re the king, for sure you’re going to be criticized. You have people who don’t like that. People talk, talk, talk. You can talk, but I’m still the champion.”

“The division isn’t only Kovalev or Hopkins. It’s deep and talented. He has fought anybody willing to get in the ring with him,” Michel said. “It’s just a perception. He avoids Kovalev, which isn’t the case. He avoided Hopkins? Not the case. Pascal? They all had opportunities to fight him and all turned it down. To cover, their promoters and themselves kept pretending it was the other way around.
              “It seems to be a pattern, people turning against Adonis.”

Source: http://montrealgazette.com/sports/ad...o-extend-reign

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/joe-smith...-no-go--113685

Comment

He needs to get in their and mix it up already.

Comment

My Low Place You're gonna take that?
                    Last edited by Derranged; 05-13-2017, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X