Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people thank God when good things happen but don't blame him for bad stuff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Damn dude, really? What I hate about most religious people I talk to is if you start to question the logic of their beliefs, they never seem to give you a straight answer, just vague things like it's in the bible or the Lord works in mysterious ways. Those aren't real answers.
    So how is your so called science faith more logical than what we have discussed?

Comment

Yes I have. I thought it was wordy and not very believable. I was raised Catholic and had to attend years of Sunday school to get confirmed, so don't act like you know me at all. I much prefer science, since it goes to the trouble of actually backing up their claims with evidence. And, so by that logic, a guy that lived his life as a child molester could still get into heaven if he forgives everyone in his life. Sounds fair to me.

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      What about people that pray to win the lottery then? What does God do when so many people pray for that? I guess we'd have a scenario like Bruce Almighty where everyone who prayed for it wins, but with so many winners, hardly get any money.
      If you read the Bible youll find its not about making people rich for it's harder for a rich man
      Last edited by maracho; 07-05-2018, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by phallus View Post
        that's what i mean, the real almighty God is perfect in justice and mercy, of course he'll forgive anyone who truly turns away from evil they have committed. i don't think God hates gays either. i think once God created everything He left us to clean up our own messes, but i'm sure if we don't we'll be confronted with them at the throne judgment in the book of Revelation. it may look like people are getting away with anything they want for now, but on entry into the spiritual world all accounts will be settled
        Now that makes total sense and therefore, I can respect all the points you've made sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by phallus View Post
          that's what i mean, the real almighty God is perfect in justice and mercy, of course he'll forgive anyone who truly turns away from evil they have committed. i don't think God hates gays either. i think once God created everything He left us to clean up our own messes, but i'm sure if we don't we'll be confronted with them at the throne judgment in the book of Revelation. it may look like people are getting away with anything they want for now, but on entry into the spiritual world all accounts will be settled
          Oh and James Toney is one of my all-time favorite boxers as well.

There was a pretty good Dream On episode where Martin dies choking on a wine cork and is judged to determine where he will go. He makes the point of we should be given a clear definition of the rules, so we know better if we're messing up and at risk of being sent to hell.

There was also a pretty good show called Second Chance where a guy is deemed not good enough for heaven and not bad enough for hell, so he gets a chance to change things for the better by meeting his younger self.

And the current NBC show The Good Place I'm liking a lot, where a group of people deemed for hell try to improve themselves so they can be allowed entry into The Good Place and it is decided that they can relive their lives and if they prove to be better people, then they can make it in, sort of a do over on their adult lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by maracho View Post
            So how is your so called science faith more logical than what we have discussed?
            Because there's proof and not just faith. And if something found disproves something originally believed, scientists then change their beliefs and usually don't just continue believing the same thing or whatever they want to because if they don't, then they would be crappy scientists.

When scientists talk about something like evolution or how a certain medication works, there is physical evidence and lots of research to back up their claims. Yet the same can't be done when some claims that an unseen deity created the world in a week. Astronomers even recently discovered that there could be a way to see what the universe looked like before the Big Bang.

Belief in a higher power is proven to reduce anxiety and increase life span, so if you want to go on believing in one, that's fine. There's no need to get all bent out of shape because someone else isn't as religious as you are or simply questions some of the claims made in religion.

This is my reaction usually when people take the bible so literally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi05UiLzEo0

Comment

Because there's proof and not just faith. And if something found disproves something originally believed, scientists then change their beliefs and usually don't just continue believing the same thing or whatever they want to because if they don't, then they would be crappy scientists.

When scientists talk about something like evolution or how a certain medication works, there is physical evidence and lots of research to back up their claims. Yet the same can't be done when some claims that an unseen deity created the world in a week. Astronomers even recently discovered that there could be a way to see what the universe looked like before the Big Bang.
              But evolution is not a science and that's proven by the fact that the fruitflies and bacteria always remain fruitflies and bacteria no matter how many times the labs zap them with mutagens, which by the way are nothing but harmful to adaptation, which by the way is not random and about replacing conspecifics,which by the way proves evolutionism is just racist nonsense.

The Bible on the otherhand is the living Word continually proven correct

You mention the Big Bang but it like 99% of all major discoveries was made by a devout Christian admittedly inspired by God. This particular Christian demonstrated the miraculous order created after a Divine explosion
              Last edited by maracho; 07-06-2018, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Belief in a higher power is proven to reduce anxiety and increase life span, so if you want to go on believing in one, that's fine. There's no need to get all bent out of shape because someone else isn't as religious as you are or simply questions some of the claims made in religion.

The only ones trying to bend life and Christianity out of shape are evolutionists and gaytheistic priests.

As for as your youtube preaching by Martin Sheen (a confessing Catholic), of course he is going to be biased toward Catholic ****sexuality when his son is a bisexual pedo rapist with HIV. Excessive diseases like these prove that ****sexuality is indeed an abomination.

..and yes touching a dead pig likewise often brings about plague but then footballs are made of cowhide so Priest Sheen is just full of bull

As for as Exodus 21:7, Preist Sheen is taking it out of context because this is obviously not about slavery but rather a female bondservant with the rights of a wife; or a daughter when betrothed to his son.

The Bible also does not condemn people to death for mixing crops or clothes and the Bible tells us we are to abide by the governors that we are presently living under.

So not only did your Priest Sheen plageurize his episode from a ****sexual diatribe, he and his producers proved themselves as liars
                Last edited by maracho; 07-06-2018, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Well thought out and presented. I'm sure you will get a lot of negative feedback from some of the more passionate cultists.

Comment

But evolution is not a science and that's proven by the fact that the fruitflies and bacteria always remain fruitflies and bacteria no matter how many times the labs zap them with mutagens, which by the way are nothing but harmful to adaptation, which by the way is not random and about replacing conspecifics,which by the way proves evolutionism is just racist nonsense.

The Bible on the otherhand is the living Word continually proven correct

You mention the Big Bang but it like 99% of all major discoveries was made by a devout Christian admittedly inspired by God. This particular Christian demonstrated the miraculous order created after a Divine explosion
                    How is the bible proven correct? So there's proof of someone being resurrected or walking on water? I'd like to see that proof then. Yes, some scientists are religious, but that doesn't mean that they're proof of everything in the bible happening.

Evolution is the science of how humans formed and has been proven. So it's fine if you want to believe in religion, but still can't discount facts.

To quote J. Pat Moynihan "Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but not to their own facts".

Comment

The only ones trying to bend life and Christianity out of shape are evolutionists and gaytheistic priests.

As for as your youtube preaching by Martin Sheen (a confessing Catholic), of course he is going to be biased toward Catholic ****sexuality when his son is a bisexual pedo rapist with HIV. Excessive diseases like these prove that ****sexuality is indeed an abomination.

..and yes touching a dead pig likewise often brings about plague but then footballs are made of cowhide so Priest Sheen is just full of bull

As for as Exodus 21:7, Preist Sheen is taking it out of context because this is obviously not about slavery but rather a female bondservant with the rights of a wife; or a daughter when betrothed to his son.

The Bible also does not condemn people to death for mixing crops or clothes and the Bible tells us we are to abide by the governors that we are presently living under.

So not only did your Priest Sheen plageurize his episode from a ****sexual diatribe, he and his producers proved themselves as liars
                      Gaytheists? That word alone shows how closed minded you are right there. Oh yeah because religious people NEVER take bible quotes out of context right? Right, so the writer of that episode didn't use actual bible verses, even though they're cited in that scene, okay. See, this is the problem I have. You're not open to new information. You've already made up your mind and believe what you want to believe. So just admit you have an agenda then.

Comment

Working...
                      X