No announcement yet.

Active Recovery workouts for boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Recovery workouts for boxers?

can anyone recommend good examples of active recovery workouts for boxers on their days of rest?

thanks.

Originally posted by samoram View Post
    can anyone recommend good examples of active recovery workouts for boxers on their days of rest?

thanks.
    Honestly I have never tried it but I hear Yoga is great on a recovery day. I heard not only do you get a good stretch but you also break a sweat.

Swimming can also be a good active recovery if you are not trying to deplete yourself. Swimming unlike running or other forms of dry cardio stops burning calories the second you are out of the pool.

Comment

Originally posted by samoram View Post

thanks.

Yoga. Going for a walk or riding your bike.

But really you should REST on your rest days.
      Overtraining is the worst enemy of an athlete

Comment

I could be all complex, but really? The human body is very efficient at walking, and such a exercise gets your lymphatic system moving and oxygenates your body! plus a gentle 20 minute walk in nature, or even on the streets has been shown to lower cortisol! (Usually any form of exercise will acutely, and sometimes chronically increase cortisol!)......

So yes! why not go on a nice walk on the streets at night! (This is what i personally do, take a relaxing walk through my territory)...

https://www.metaboliceffect.com/can-...burn-more-fat/

Keep things simple ladies and gentlemen.

Comment

Working...
        X