No announcement yet.

Why do American Fighters Keep Ducking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
    Canelo invented Caneloweight(155lbs.) for what reason? Why isn't Loma unifying titles @130lbs. or winning lineal titles while moving up? I guess fighting inactive, blown up, or mediocre b level and below competition is fine doe since he isn't from the U.S. . Your buddy Bob Arum loves to duck fights and let them marinate... but you never say a word about that.
    Pls remove that offensive blatant racist word on your sig, just because you blocked part of the word out doesn't mean that its alright.

Comment

Well thought out thread. Hard-hitting question with the kind of objectivity NSB needs.

Comment

Theres no pressure on them to fight top opposition that's why. There fanbases couldn't care less if they are involved in tough fights or not, they just want them to stay unbeaten. Look at the protection scheme this forum has tried to put tank in for example. I got slaughtered the other day for suggesting Crawford v Spence should happen within 12 months. The 'fans' just want people to cling onto and brag about.

Comment

Khan scared to death of Brook, GGG scared to death of Ward, Joshua with excuses not to fight Wilder, Eubank Jr scared of GGG, and GSP avoided Sliva like the plague.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
            Theres no pressure on them to fight top opposition that's why. There fanbases couldn't care less if they are involved in tough fights or not, they just want them to stay unbeaten. Look at the protection scheme this forum has tried to put tank in for example. I got slaughtered the other day for suggesting Crawford v Spence should happen within 12 months. The 'fans' just want people to cling onto and brag about.
            Exactly. The fanbases, most of them racially biased, are a huge problem in the US, and the tv networks and promoter that protect these fighters, all in the hope of milking as much money from the mas possible. They fail to realise they'd create genuine stars if their top guys fought other top guys and in the long run, make more money.

the US has failed to have a single boxing star on the level of AJ in recent times. Mayweather took 10 years and millions of dollars wasted before he became a ppv attraction. Now no one can even match that trajectory.

All the while, Europe is producing stars, many of them in the higher divisions, because these guys are fighting the best more often and unifying more often.

This is not meant to be a nationalistic debate, but an appraisal of what is happening. Few networks and promoters will allow their fighters to waste their money. More bang for your buck basically.

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Well thought out thread. Hard-hitting question with the kind of objectivity NSB needs.
            I know.

Comment

Wilder and Thurman are the only current Americans who are dodging dangerous opponents, at the top of my head.

Only an idiot would claim that Ward ducked anyone, especially after he moved up to 175 lbs, past his prime, and defeated Kovalev twice (agree or disagree on the results as you will, Ward didn't duck him).

As for Mayweather, yeah. He ducked Pacquiao for quite some time, that is obvious to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                Like the way AJ is ducking Wilder?

Comment

How ironic. The thread starter gets bashed by a bunch of posts, ducks them all, and cherry picks the few non-negative posts to respond to.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                    Like the way AJ is ducking Wilder?
                    Paying someones flights, nice hotel, dinner, tickets, commentating job and letting them get in the ring for a standoff, isn't really ducking I don't think.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                      Paying someones flights, nice hotel, dinner, tickets, commentating job and letting them get in the ring for a standoff, isn't really ducking I don't think.
                      So AJ now works for Sky Sports? I’ve heard it all now.

Comment

Working...
                      X