Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better resume: Lennox Lewis or Mike Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better resume: Lennox Lewis or Mike Tyson?

Who had the better resume between these two fighters?
    Lewis
    85.19%
    Tyson
    14.81%

The poll is expired.

Tyson's two most notable victories were against a 38 year old Larry Holmes and blown up LHW Michael Spinks. Holmes hadn't fought in 2 years and hadn't won in 3 years. He only had 3 weeks to train for the fight. Spinks hadn't won a fight against a quality opponent in nearly 3 years and he had very bad knees. The knees were heavily bandaged up when he fought Tyson.
    mrbig1 mrbig1 likes this.

Comment

I think I'd go with Lewis. Holyfield, Vitali, Briggs, Grant, Tua, Morrison, Mercer, Bruno, etc. Tyson to me doesn't have any wins as good as Holyfield or Vitali.
      mrbig1 mrbig1 likes this.

Comment

Not even close Tyson has the more impressive RECORD, Tyson fought the commomn opponents first and was actually about 4 1/2 years ahead of Lennox's start.

After Mike fought his "trail horse" opponents he took on the best of that time.
        I don't rank Mike as an ATG but then again words like great & best don't flow out of me like others use them.
        He fought some great fights and fought very hard in his prime. He fought out of a very difficult style to maintain and that hurt him as he lost his discipline.

I rank Tyson slightly ahead of Lennox as to pure ability and excitment.

Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
          I think I'd go with Lewis. Holyfield, Vitali, Briggs, Grant, Tua, Morrison, Mercer, Bruno, etc. Tyson to me doesn't have any wins as good as Holyfield or Vitali.
          Lennox Lewis
          Vitali Klitschko - Vitali cut in 3rd ahead at time of stoppage due to that cut.
          Mercer - Debatable decision, Mercer had been schooled by 40yr old Holmes
          Bruno - Former World title holder who had suffered KO loss to Tyson
          Tucker - Former World Champion, Junkie who looked aged and lost to Tyson
          Botha - Former World Champion, had already suffered KO loss to Tyson
          Tyson - Addicted to anti-depressants, alcohol, cocaine & cannabis.
          Holyfield - Current World title Holder
          Morrison - HIV positive on decline
          Ruddock - Damaged Goods after 2 brutal beatings from Tyson.
          Briggs - Former title holder.
          Tua - Fattest man to ever fight for title.

All the above opponents had been exposed, None was undefeated. All was at the very tail-end of their career's. All had suffered a previous stoppage defeat with the exception of Tucker, Mercer & Tua who also lasted the distance with Lewis. Evander Holyfield being the Only Current Title holder Lewis ever fought. Lewis deemed unfortunate not to be given decision in their first fight which was scored a draw. Holyfield deemed Robbed of decision in their rematch.

Mike Tyson
          Berbick - Current World title holder, held wins over 3 former champions
          Thomas - World title holder. very good fighter
          Tucker - Current World title holder. Undefeated 34-0
          Biggs - Olympic Champ. Undefeated 15-0
          Holmes - Former Champ 48-2 suffers only career KO loss then goes 22-3
          Spinks - Undefeated Two Weight World Champ. The Man who beat The Man.
          Smith - Current World Title Holder
          Tubbs - Former World title holder 24-1 only defeat was debatable.
          Bruno - Current World title Holder
          Seldon - Current World title Holder
          Holyfield - 5 Time World Champion
          Botha - Former World Champ.
          Lewis - Current World title Holder
          Stewart - 26-1 (26 KOs) only loss was cuts stoppage to Holyfield
          Ruddock - 25-1 only loss was asthma attack.
          Douglas - At his peak and exceptional fighter
          GrizzlyGrizzly BigBear likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
            Lennox Lewis

All the above opponents had been exposed, None was undefeated. All was at the very tail-end of their career's. All had suffered a previous stoppage defeat with the exception of Tucker, Mercer & Tua who also lasted the distance with Lewis. Evander Holyfield being the Only Current Title holder Lewis ever fought. Lewis deemed unfortunate not to be given decision in their first fight which was scored a draw. Holyfield deemed Robbed of decision in their rematch.

Mike Tyson
            This is one of the most ridiculous and biased breakdowns of opponents I've ever seen. That's saying something.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
              Lennox Lewis

Mike Tyson
              You're not giving much credit to Lewis in here.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                This is one of the most ridiculous and biased breakdowns of opponents I've ever seen. That's saying something.
                Maybe you could point out were you deem it to be "Ridiculous and Biased"...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  Not even close Tyson has the more impressive RECORD, Tyson fought the commomn opponents first and was actually about 4 1/2 years ahead of Lennox's start.

After Mike fought his "trail horse" opponents he took on the best of that time.
                  I don't rank Mike as an ATG but then again words like great & best don't flow out of me like others use them.
                  He fought some great fights and fought very hard in his prime. He fought out of a very difficult style to maintain and that hurt him as he lost his discipline.

I rank Tyson slightly ahead of Lennox as to pure ability and excitment.

Ray.
                  not even close??? Beaten by douglas, holyfield twice, lost in his later years. Lewis has wins over TYSON, holyfield (twice), all the other names mentioned and he beat every opponent he fought including vitali when lewis was old. Tyson has old holmes and light heavyweight spinks. If its resumes its definitely lewis

Comment

Lennox by far

Gold medal
                    ruddock
                    golata
                    evander

all in more dominant fashion then tyson...

also crushed everyone in the 90s

Beating Prime vital when your out of shape is just icing on the cake....

Briggs akwinda >>>> mathis seldon

Comment

Working...
                    X