Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good was Baby Joe Mesi??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the hell would Wilder fans be dragged into this conversation?

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
      Why the hell would Wilder fans be dragged into this conversation?
      Same reason race was introduced to the thread, agenda.

Comment

He was just an average Italian dude from Buffalo. Local hero type stuff, get your pizza and buffalo wings and just watch the guy beat on some bum.

Comment

Originally posted by CineScape View Post
          He was just an average Italian dude from Buffalo. Local hero type stuff, get your pizza and buffalo wings and just watch the guy beat on some bum.
          He was a lot better than that. He was never going to seriously challenge Lennox Lewis but beating guy like Williamson and Barrett in their prime is a step or two above what you describe.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            Whatever alt. Will you honor the bet if that clown doesn't decline the offer again is the real question.
            lol...once again showing how ignorant you are...this is my only account here...i dont need another

and uhh.....yeah ill honor it if AJ turns down another offer!

hearn now saying that its a "200 mil fight"...should wilder have signed for 15 mil of a 200 mil fight for april?!?! lol
            Last edited by Curt Henning; 08-28-2018, 04:07 PM.

Comment

He would have been a gate keeper. Maybe 10th ranked HW.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                enjoying your last few months with that name?
                that avi is dumb...they always lived on that island, they just colonized elsewhere. the days of colonialism are all but over for all nations, not just the british.

Comment

he was roughly a hw version of dana Rosenblatt.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    He lost to all the decent American heavyweights in the amateurs. He had the record he had because he was a good looking white kid that was being built up.
                    He did beat Hasim Rahman in the amateurs. I don't know if Rahman was any good as an amateur though.

EDIT: Rahman only had 10 amateur fights.

Last edited by VatoMulatto; 08-28-2018, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Mesi was a solid contender with a fan friendly aggressive style. He had some notable victories and was on his way to bigger and better fights before he suffered the brain bleed.

After the Jirov fight, he was suspended but then after two years layoff he managed to string along 7 victories before retiring. If I remember correctly he was frustrated because NY, NV and CA (the big boxing states) wouldn't license him because of the injury. I think that eventually led him to retire.

I was disappointed that he didn't try to make a title run after getting back in the mix.

Comment

Working...
                      X