Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn: We Have Five Guys To Fight Canelo Next in May

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting, it seems like Eddie Hearn likes to pretend he is Canelo's promoter. Golden Boy has to view Eddie Hearn as a threat rather than a business partner. If Canelo is able to opt out of his GBP contract he is likely to be guided to Eddie instead of Al or Bob.

If you were a strategist at Golden Boy you'd think they'd try steer Canelo to fight one of the fighters in their stable or entice a champion outside of Matchroom to sign a multifight deal with GBP in order to fight Canelo.

Then set an ultimatum to the Matchroom fighters, if you want the Canelo fight you have to be a unified champion, meaning either GGG vs Andrade or BJS vs Callum Smith has to take place before they get a shot.

Comment

Canelo should pull a move like George Foreman did....fight three guys in a row on the same night in the same ring. Saunders would be easy; KO 1 or 2. Then take on Andrade..that would just be a track meet and Canelo wins the UD. The difficult fight IMO would be Callum Smith or Bivol.

Forget about GGG....he should take a few more bouts under his DAZN contract and go back to Kazakhstan where they would make him king.

Comment

Originally posted by djb914 View Post
        I hope canelo throws a swerve and goes for Derevyanchenko (Canelo said he thought Derevyanchenko beat GGG) or Jermall Charlo, or even the Eubanks JR. VS Korobov Winner (Both could fight Canelo at 160 or 168)

Many thought GGG lost to derevyanchenko.
        Saunders himself said last nights performance is not worthy of getting a GGG fight.
        Andrade the best 4 fighters he has fought as a Pro is Martisroyan, Culcay,Sulecki and Willie Nelson (Not the 80 plus year old singer) I want to see him fight a top fighter before fighting Canelo.
        Bivol has won by decision 4 fights in a row, and Canelo as the cash cow will not lose a decision to Bivol (Even if Bivol deserves the win)who is only known by hard core fans.
        Rather see Callum Smith fight Saunders.
        I would love to see Canelo fight Dervy but I am almost certain he won't. I am not sure Canelo can even comfortably make 160 anymore. I think Dervy would beat Canelo who has a stamina problem that is getting worse every fight. Canelo averaged 31 punches a round against Kovalev while Dervy averaged over 60 punches a round against GGG. Dervy can stay with Canelo early and take over the fight in the late rounds by throwing twice as many punches. Of the 5 fighters Hearns talked about I think Canelo fights Saunders who is the safest easiest fight. Canelo likes to be the favorite. Odds on his last 3 fights Canelo 5 to 1 betting favorite over Kovalev, 4 to 1 favorite over Jacobs and 15 to 1 favorite over Fielding. Canelo was the underdog in both fights with GGG and is about even money with him now. I am sure Canelo won't fight Callum Smith or Bivol so that leaves Saunders who had trouble beating a guy boxrec ranks 43rd in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
          Canelo should pull a move like George Foreman did....fight three guys in a row on the same night in the same ring. Saunders would be easy; KO 1 or 2. Then take on Andrade..that would just be a track meet and Canelo wins the UD. The difficult fight IMO would be Callum Smith or Bivol.

Forget about GGG....he should take a few more bouts under his DAZN contract and go back to Kazakhstan where they would make him king.
          Yes, then Canelo can fly to the moon without a spaceship and moon walk for the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by lieutenant View Post
            Interesting, it seems like Eddie Hearn likes to pretend he is Canelo's promoter. Golden Boy has to view Eddie Hearn as a threat rather than a business partner. If Canelo is able to opt out of his GBP contract he is likely to be guided to Eddie instead of Al or Bob.

If you were a strategist at Golden Boy you'd think they'd try steer Canelo to fight one of the fighters in their stable or entice a champion outside of Matchroom to sign a multifight deal with GBP in order to fight Canelo.

Then set an ultimatum to the Matchroom fighters, if you want the Canelo fight you have to be a unified champion, meaning either GGG vs Andrade or BJS vs Callum Smith has to take place before they get a shot.
            So some other boxer would have to unify a weight class first and then Canelo would fight him. A while back Canelo said his goal was to unify middleweight but he never even tried. I would like the self proclaimed dare to be great history maker unify just one weight class be it 160, 168 or 175 but he won't ever do that. He will never clean out any one weight class and prove he is the best fighter at that weight. He will continue to pick the fights he is sure he can win.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              So some other boxer would have to unify a weight class first and then Canelo would fight him. A while back Canelo said his goal was to unify middleweight but he never even tried. I would like the self proclaimed dare to be great history maker unify just one weight class be it 160, 168 or 175 but he won't ever do that. He will never clean out any one weight class and prove he is the best fighter at that weight. He will continue to pick the fights he is sure he can win.
              Yes, to get a shot at the cash cow, the p4p king you need to get some straps. Typical of GGG nuthuggers to complain about Canelo fighting a champion, maybe he should fight the #8 ranked super middleweight instead?

Canelo unified with Jacobs earlier this year and was very vocal about wanting all the belts at 160, he already had 3. He asked GGG to get a belt, meaning fight Andrade and if you beat him they can set up a fight for undisputed in September. GGG being the coward that he is fought Steve Rolls instead.

GGG two fights in a row now against guys who have never been world champions, he's about to make it 3 in a row. He's a joke.

Comment

Why not Beterbiev?

Funny how Canelo cherry picked kovalev, and if he stays at 175 they are saying Bivol. Why not Beterbiev??? Oh wait wait he is too dangerous for Canelo to fight. Such greatness!!! The only dangerous fighter was GGG and golden boy made sure GGG was older. GGG should go on the tainted meat for a year then we will see him dropping Canelo at 40yrs old lol!!!!!🤔 😉

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
                  Alvarez vs Munguia for an all Mexican Cinco de Mayo! Viva Mexico!
                  I hope not. That guy barely survived Dennis Hogan with his belt. He's going to die against a guy who can box AND has real power.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    5 legit champions with 1 controversial loss between them and it happened to be vs Canelo.

Can't go wrong with any of those honestly. Next year if Canelo fights 3x I can see GGG in May, Bivol at 168 in Sept and Lemieux in December.

He's gonna be due a easy fight in the next 2 or 3. While I don't think Kovalev was anywhere close to his best days, it still wasn't a gimmie because of the size and power of Kovalev.
                    You can't really go wrong. The more I think about it though the less I want to see Canelo vs. GGG even though I am one of the biggest GGG defenders on the site. I would still watch it because it'll be a fun fight but I prefer a fresh fight.

Comment

Cleneros knees are shot. From here on out Cleneros fights will be scripted, arranged. Just like in the Kovalev fight. Only fools think that fight was legit. Just look at kovalevs last fight, no pity patt jabs, power jabs. Then look on how he fought Clenero. If it was a legit fight Kovalev would've beat the snot out of Clenero.
                      Last edited by Mario g; 11-11-2019, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X