Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao-Horn a massive ratings hit, even with the often-elusive younger crowd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESPN production for this fight was pretty bad. The camera work was poor, and Atlas was even worse than usual.

Thast said their promotion and coverage was pretty Incredible. Their radio shows had several commercials all week. We have to hope Lomachenko and Crawford gets the same attention

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      It peaked at 4.4 million viewers. And it was the highest rated boxing event on cable since...was it 05'? 06'? And according to the article the fight did as well as anything that aired all weekend long. It's pretty rare when a boxing fight can say that they drew among the best ratings of the weekend.
      Idc about peaks. The real number is the average. The peak can literally mean people were flipping through their channels and watched 30 seconds of whatever round then flipped over.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        Pacquiao, who was the biggest star in boxing at one point, fighting on FREE TV averaging 2.8m is a big success somehow? He used to do 1m on PPV but 2.8m on FREE TV is a massive hit?

People's standards in boxing get lower and lower with every passing year.

Did I mention these are like PBC type numbers?
        4.4 million is pretty impressive. Pacquiao is a bigger name than every PBC fighter so if he fought on CBS or FOX I'd have to assume he'd do better than that. But PBC type numbers? They don't have anyone with his star power and Thurman-Garcia did 5.1m, Thurman has done 4m one other time, 3m another time, Garcia has done 3m another time, and Spence 6m. ****, even Wilder did 2.6m his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          4.4 million is pretty impressive. Pacquiao is a bigger name than every PBC fighter so if he fought on CBS or FOX I'd have to assume he'd do better than that. But PBC type numbers? They don't have anyone with his star power and Thurman-Garcia did 5.1m, Thurman has done 4m one other time, 3m another time, Garcia has done 3m another time, and Spence 6m. ****, even Wilder did 2.6m his last fight.
          Like I said in my previous post, Im talking about average. I don't care about peaks.

And as far as the bold goes, are you agreeing or disagreeing? Cause it seems like you're agreeing with me.

Comment

Like I said in my previous post, Im talking about average. I don't care about peaks.

And as far as the bold goes, are you agreeing or disagreeing? Cause it seems like you're agreeing with me.
            You should care about peaks. If it averaged 2.8m because no one watched the undercard and hit 4m while Pacquiao was fighting, you disregard that?

And it's not about agreeing or disagreeing, just pointing out that all of those #'s are excellent and if Manny were on CBS or Fox he could do even better.

Comment

Idc about peaks. The real number is the average. The peak can literally mean people were flipping through their channels and watched 30 seconds of whatever round then flipped over.
              Okay whatever, it was still the highest rated fight on cable since 2006. And the highest of the decade (for cable). That would qualify as a pretty damn good success by just about anybody's measure. Especially considering the fight didn't even have a platform literally 2 weeks prior to the fight date.
              Last edited by Mike D; 07-07-2017, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Pacquiao on cable TV, obviously gonna get good ratings. The real question is, will people watch when Crawford and Lomachenko fight on ESPN, if they get similar numbers, then that's impressive, Pacquiao getting good numbers on ESPN is not impressive.

Comment

Great News For Boxing! Boxing needs to do a better job targeting that 18-34 Demo! Still a lack of interest from young fans when it comes to boxing! Still need a great boxing Video Game and YEARLY boxing Video Game! Every other sport has a video game that comes out EVERY YEAR besides fuking BOXING! and they wonder why they struggle with that Demo!

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    You should care about peaks. If it averaged 2.8m because no one watched the undercard and hit 4m while Pacquiao was fighting, you disregard that?

And it's not about agreeing or disagreeing, just pointing out that all of those #'s are excellent and if Manny were on CBS or Fox he could do even better.
                    Pacquaio needs to leave Arum.
                    He'll do better with CBS, NBC or any of the top cable networks.
                    Nobody knows why he can't get rid of Bobfather.
                    Forget about the Horn rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                      Pacquiao on cable TV, obviously gonna get good ratings. The real question is, will people watch when Crawford and Lomachenko fight on ESPN, if they get similar numbers, then that's impressive
                      True, that'll be the true test.

Comment

Working...
                      X