Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California Scores 48th out of 50 States When It Comes To IQ.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    While I respect your work in the field, it is anecdotal.

And it appears you are incorrect.

LEP (Limited English Proficiency) students are more expensive to educate and the cost of these programs is rising. In a 2010 study, FAIR calculated that LEP costs nationwide totaled $51.2 billion (compared with $59.8 billion in 2016). Yet the underlying tragedy behind this mad dash to accommodate illegal aliens, refugees and legal immigrants is that despite all the money spent, there is little to show for it. LEP students consistently demonstrate dismal progress in all subject areas and the fallout is affecting other students.

Educators measure four categories of achievement: Below Basic, Basic, Proficient and Advanced. The National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), administered by the U. S. Department of Education, indicates that only 7 percent of fourth grade LEP students performed at the Proficient level and just one percent demonstrated the ability to master Advanced work. That leaves 92 percent performing at Basic or Below Basic levels. In comparison, 40 percent of non-LEP fourth graders achieved the two highest levels, Proficient and Advanced, with one-third displaying Basic skills. The rest, 27 percent, scored Below Basic. Thus, even though non-LEP fourth graders perform better than their LEP counterparts, six of every 10 only manage to accomplish Basic or Below Basic work.

Source, full story:
    https://www.fairus.org/issue/publica...blic-education

Here is a second source, focusing on Texas.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...arners/472401/

In short, those kids do count, and they do drag the average scores down.
    Yes 1bad, and I could site or you could easily google different sources that will tell you the exact opposite. As always it depends on what agenda the journalist writing the story is trying to put forth.

Fairus.org is an organization focused on severely reducing immigration onto the US. Of course they will focus on the negative side of immigration.

Your other source talks about 1 area in Texas, El Paso, who is struggling with immigrant students, and you've taken that story and assumed it must be like that in every part of Texas. Even though this isn't the case.

I can tell you about the hundreds of hours my coordinators and I spend on planning, meeting and preparing teachers and principals to administer these test. The thousands of pretest scores we analyze to guide our work, and how we've never come to the conclusion that the kids scoring low were immigrant kids. How in fact many of our bilingual kids match or outperform native speakers in the test.

But it appears your mind is already made up. So I'll let you carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
      however 4 out of the top 5 high schools academicly are in California which also takes up 35% of the countries population so what you saying?
      Y'alls a bunch of dumb motha****as. If you weren't you wouldn't have had to ask what was being said, cuz.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
        Y'alls a bunch of dumb motha****as. If you weren't you wouldn't have had to ask what was being said, cuz.
        Far from it I been around the whole country no where in the world is a city smarter than LA.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
          Far from it I been around the whole country no where in the world is a city smarter than LA.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
            Elon musk has bestowed his wonders on us brother

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              Massachusetts is number 1, baby!!!...
              You also have a white demographic of 72% and an Asian demographic of 7%. Geez, I sure wonder if that has anything to do with it? Compared that to California's where whites are a minority and the Asian population isn't that high and well, you have a 3rd world state that has the highest level of poverty, welfare, and crime.

High IQ people create high IQ cultures with high living standards. Those are facts brother.

Demographics is destiny. The entire USA will probably be like California in 100 years or so.

Comment

So, here are the estimated average IQ rates for residents of each U.S. state, as compiled by Michael McDaniel, formerly a professor at Virginia Commonwealth University, and reported by The Washington Post.

You actually cited this dumbass cite. Estemated lol. How the hell one estimates peoples iq? Smh

Comment

why do 1bad and dempsey always post literally right after each other?

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                    why do 1bad and dempsey always post literally right after each other?
                    Fibre. Lots of fibre.

Comment

too many libtards

Comment

Working...
                      X