No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk vs. Gassiev - CompuBox Punch Stats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Usyk vs. Gassiev - CompuBox Punch Stats

Masterful performance by Oleksandr Usyk, who got stronger and more dominant as the fight progressed. He averaged 21 of 78 punches per round over 12 rounds, while Murat Gassiev was reduced to 8 of 26 per frame. Usyk averaged 29 of 94 over the last six rounds and landed a fight high 47 of 117 in the last round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

I honestly just don't understand Usyks stamina its seriously superhuman. He has an incredibly exhausting style as is and he just gets stronger and stronger. 117 punches with 70 being powershots in the 12th, ridiculous.

Its easy to grill Gassiev but when you've got that machine gliding all over the place constantly level changing, throwing 90 punches a round and hitting you from every conceivable angle I couldn't begin to imagine the frustration. Even preparation must be hell, you ain't finding sparring partners to replicate that. He's seriously unique.
      I've personally never seen anyone close to his size capable of what he is let alone able to consistently maintain it.
      He's like something from the damn future.
      Last edited by dan_cov; 07-21-2018, 07:28 PM.

Comment

A boxer would always do this to a puncher, especially a puncher that has fall in love with their power. That boxer has to have the stamina to pull it off doe. And tonight Usyk engine was on point. I never for any minute thought he was going to get caught with something big. He dance and dance his way to victory. Top 5 PPV set in stone now..

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          I honestly just don't understand Usyks stamina its seriously superhuman. He has an incredibly exhausting style as is and he just gets stronger and stronger. 117 punches with 70 being powershots in the 12th, ridiculous.

Its easy to grill Gassiev but when you've got that machine gliding all over the place constantly level changing, throwing 90 punches a round and hitting you from every conceivable angle I couldn't begin to imagine the frustration. Even preparation must be hell, you ain't finding sparring partners to replicate that. He's seriously unique.
          I've personally never seen anyone close to his size capable of what he is let alone able to consistently maintain it.
          I really hope he moves up to HW, it would be brilliant to see a HW who can dance like Ali use to back on the early stage of his career. He was amazing tonight. I would pick him against most HW..

Comment

The guy has serious stamina and output for a CW

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              I really hope he moves up to HW, it would be brilliant to see a HW who can dance like Ali use to back on the early stage of his career. He was amazing tonight. I would pick him against most HW..
              I'm not sure I'd pick any over him certainly not with confidence.
              Maybe AJ as robotic as he is, I suppose Wilder always has a chance of landing something ******ed. I don't see anyone else giving him much issues at all.
              Weirdly a fight with Dorticos still intrigues me at CW.

Comment

Uysk was close to flawless tonight.

heavies beware or you are punching shadows!

Comment

usyk looked fantastic i had him sweeping every round but he has no future at heavyweight he lacks punching power indeed most of his landed shots looked like light taps and did not bother gassiev in the least such a flaw would doom him at heavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

aaaand they're both enrolled in VADA

Comment

Working...
                    X