Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Reacts To Lennox Lewis, Stands Firm on Beating Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mjh1969 View Post
    Wilder is entitled to his opinion. History can never prove it. Tyson between 85-92 would have hurt him. But Tyson fought every available contender during the late 80s. He fought Tony Tucker, Pinklon Thomas, James “bone crusher” Smith, Tyrell Biggs, Frank Bruno, Spinks and other credible fighters. It ain’t Tyson’s fault that he ran over these guys. The guys that Tyson fought were heavyweight or former heavyweight champions. Tyson beat all three champions to become undisputed heavyweight champion in 1988. He started boxing at 13 yrs old and was beating men by 16 yrs old. I seen all of his fights and most of Wilder’s fights.

Wilder started boxing late (21 yrs old). He didn’t have the same start as Tyson. His reputation came from being Klistcho’s sparring partner. Wilder is untested and unfortunately isn’t or wasn’t as well marketed as Tyson was. He hasn’t lost yet and believes highly in himself. He has a good right hand and good stamina but that’s it.

Against a prime Tyson, Tyson bobs and weaves digs to the body then hits him with an uppercut. Then Tyson would come in fast bob and weave then hit him with a right hand. The way to beat Tyson would be with a great jab to throw off his timing, tie him up, hit him with right hands and be able to take a punch. Wilder doesn’t have a good jab, good movement and swings too wildly. He would take a lot of punches and Tyson would work him in the body. Against a post Rooney Tyson, Wilder would have better success because Tyson’s head movment wasn’t quite what it once was. He would hit Tyson more but Tyson would still hit him in the body and still had lighting fast combinations. It would be a toss up.

He beats an older Tyson who Lennox beat. Wilder would not have beat Ali, Foreman, Holmes, Holyfield, Lewis and Bowe in their primes. Ali was too fast, Foreman was too strong, Holmes was too skilled, Lewis was too skilled and the Futch trained Bowe was too good. If Wilder beats Parker, Fury, Ortiz and unifies all the titles then he can talk a little more. Until then he needs to prove himself.
    Wicked post!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lion33lit View Post
      Wicked post!!
      Thanks. Much appreciated.

Comment

Wilder is entitled to his opinion. History can never prove it. Tyson between 85-92 would have hurt him. But Tyson fought every available contender during the late 80s. He fought Tony Tucker, Pinklon Thomas, James “bone crusher” Smith, Tyrell Biggs, Frank Bruno, Spinks and other credible fighters. It ain’t Tyson’s fault that he ran over these guys. The guys that Tyson fought were heavyweight or former heavyweight champions. Tyson beat all three champions to become undisputed heavyweight champion in 1988. He started boxing at 13 yrs old and was beating men by 16 yrs old. I seen all of his fights and most of Wilder’s fights.

Wilder started boxing late (21 yrs old). He didn’t have the same start as Tyson. His reputation came from being Klistcho’s sparring partner. Wilder is untested and unfortunately isn’t or wasn’t as well marketed as Tyson was. He hasn’t lost yet and believes highly in himself. He has a good right hand and good stamina but that’s it.

Against a prime Tyson, Tyson bobs and weaves digs to the body then hits him with an uppercut. Then Tyson would come in fast bob and weave then hit him with a right hand. The way to beat Tyson would be with a great jab to throw off his timing, tie him up, hit him with right hands and be able to take a punch. Wilder doesn’t have a good jab, good movement and swings too wildly. He would take a lot of punches and Tyson would work him in the body. Against a post Rooney Tyson, Wilder would have better success because Tyson’s head movment wasn’t quite what it once was. He would hit Tyson more but Tyson would still hit him in the body and still had lighting fast combinations. It would be a toss up.

He beats an older Tyson who Lennox beat. Wilder would not have beat Ali, Foreman, Holmes, Holyfield, Lewis and Bowe in their primes. Ali was too fast, Foreman was too strong, Holmes was too skilled, Lewis was too skilled and the Futch trained Bowe was too good. If Wilder beats Parker, Fury, Ortiz and unifies all the titles then he can talk a little more. Until then he needs to prove himself.
        evidently not (b/u)

theres no way of knowing for a fact whod win/lose.....regardless of prime or not.

i would put my money on wilder beating berbick, thomas, smith and tucker. they were the least threatening ''champs'' the div had.

and conversely, id put my money on tyson beating up everyone wilder fought to this point.

if tyson was to say hed beat someones ass, everyone would agree with him. wilder has the same opinion of himself and people are in revolt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
          evidently not (b/u)

theres no way of knowing for a fact whod win/lose.....regardless of prime or not.

i would put my money on wilder beating berbick, thomas, smith and tucker. they were the least threatening ''champs'' the div had.

and conversely, id put my money on tyson beating up everyone wilder fought to this point.

if tyson was to say hed beat someones ass, everyone would agree with him. wilder has the same opinion of himself and people are in revolt.
          I don’t think Wilder would at this point in his career beat any of the past greats listed. These guys are past greats for a reason. They have proven themselves. But I think Wilder would beat some of the guys that Tyson beat in the 80s that I listed. He would not have beat Tony Tucker. If Wilder thinks he can land a right hand on the past greats and knock them out he is sadly mistaken. Remember Wilder is saying this publicly, not me. Yeah he would have hit these guys but they would have adjusted and hit him back. Imagine Wilder hitting a prime Holyfield. Holyfield would have hit him back harder. Foreman would have blasted out Wilder in 2-3 rounds. Ali was too fast, skilled and his movement would have been too much. Holmes was just too skilled (jab, movement, right hand). These guys are proven and in the HOF for a reason.

If Wilder gets knocked out by Ortiz then all this non sense will be over. Let’s see what happens when someone hits him back hard.

Comment

I don’t think Wilder would at this point in his career beat any of the past greats listed. These guys are past greats for a reason. They have proven themselves. But I think Wilder would beat some of the guys that Tyson beat in the 80s that I listed. He would not have beat Tony Tucker. If Wilder thinks he can land a right hand on the past greats and knock them out he is sadly mistaken. Remember Wilder is saying this publicly, not me. Yeah he would have hit these guys but they would have adjusted and hit him back. Imagine Wilder hitting a prime Holyfield. Holyfield would have hit him back harder. Foreman would have blasted out Wilder in 2-3 rounds. Ali was too fast, skilled and his movement would have been too much. Holmes was just too skilled (jab, movement, right hand). These guys are proven and in the HOF for a reason.

If Wilder gets knocked out by Ortiz then all this non sense will be over. Let’s see what happens when someone hits him back hard.
            which past greats

holmes ?!?!?

imho, wilder would beat a holmes who was coming off a 2 yr vacation.

tyson was shamed by holy and tyson never fought george. as much as holy loves to get hit, i couldnt say hed beat up wilder.

tucker was never mentioned prior to losing to tyson. all of a sudden hes legit.

both guys have shltty resumes but id give tysons the slightest of edges (razor is an ok name).

Comment

• I would take Lewis, Tyson, Bowe or Hollyfeild over Wilder. Heck, I'd take Bone Crusher Smith or pinklon Thomas over Wilder and if they would come out of retirement I'd take Tyson Fury and both klitschko brothers.

Not impressed with Wilder at all.

Comment

• This idiot keep opening his wild mouth

Comment

• When it comes to killer instinct Wilder isn't anywhere near the level of what Tyson was smh. Wilder has no respect for an era way more superior than the current. He can feast on the no names he has beaten but he won't ever be respected talking this kind of shi*

Comment

• Originally posted by Deontay Wilder
                    Ain't anybody could ever knock me out.

Comment

• Yea and this one too lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X