Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin - Has the Moment Passed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    It’s funny how a couple of gift decisions get forgotten about and people’s perception gets skewed. You’re talking about a man that basically beat Canelo twice but now people just look at the official record.

Then we wonder why fighters are so scared to lose their 0 and protect it. Context doesn’t matter after a few months.

Even GGG's mom knows he lost the second fight. GGG fan boys are blind.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
      Many experts picked Ruiz to lose badly against Joshua or am I mistaken.
      I picked AJ to ko Ruiz in under 6 rounds. And many experts said GGG would KO Canelo if Canelo fought MexiCAN style.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
        Even GGG's mom knows he lost the second fight. GGG fan boys are blind.
        Even GGG knew he lost. Fighters who feel they won don't run out of the ring CRYING!!! He Broner'd out of the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          Don’t forget Jacobs was postponed over $500k.

And that LIFE changing money to Saunders with was the same Lemuix made.
          I guess you can say that Golovkin was cheap or greedy or both.

Comment

GGG was an embarrassment.

Said he would fight anyone from 154-168.

Andre Ward said sure he would fight him 168. GGG said oh no sorry for you 164 max.

GGG proceeded to call out Mayweather and Pacquaio who are like 150lbs fight night.

When GGG finally stepped the competition up with Jacobs and Canelo, that amazing power was gone, the knockouts stopped. Canelo took flush GGG shots and didnt even flinch. Whooped his ass pillar to post. GGG was doing post fight press conferences with black eyes claiming he was robbed. What a joke. GGG was lucky Pirog broke his back when he did or we would never be hearing about fraud GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              Even GGG knew he lost. Fighters who feel they won don't run out of the ring CRYING!!! He Broner'd out of the ring.

lol at claiming you were robbed while wearing sun glasses in doors at midnight to cover your black eyes Canelo gave you.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                GGG was an embarrassment.

Said he would fight anyone from 154-168.

Andre Ward said sure he would fight him 168. GGG said oh no sorry for you 164 max.

GGG proceeded to call out Mayweather and Pacquaio who are like 150lbs fight night.

When GGG finally stepped the competition up with Jacobs and Canelo, that amazing power was gone, the knockouts stopped. Canelo took flush GGG shots and didnt even flinch. Whooped his ass pillar to post. GGG was doing post fight press conferences with black eyes claiming he was robbed. What a joke. GGG was lucky Pirog broke his back when he did or we would never be hearing about fraud GGG.
                Pirog was the REAL deal! Yeah good point having two black eyes claiming you were robbed. Once competition got better he didn’t look soo impressive.

Ppl forget Canelo was signed to fight Paul Williams days before he crashed. Canelo makes fights while GGG makes excuses.

Comment

I believe GGG's moment has passed as age has crept up on him. As it does to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
                    You don't even know that you're making claims that you can't back up with even anecdotal evidence. The reason GGG fought Vanes was because Canelo was suspended.

Derevyanchenko has come out and defended Golovkin.

Golovkin fought and beat former title holders, title holders, the ONLY fighter to get a draw in a den of snakes where one cannot secure a decision against the house fighter.

Geale, Rubio, Murray, Monroe Jr, Lemieux, Wade, Brook, Jacobs all nobodies? when GGG was pummeling all comers, Charlo and Andrade were down at 154.

Amateur Record: 345-5 (might be 8 losses)

Record of 19-1-1 (18 KOs) in world title fights.
                    Record of 5-1-1 (4 KOs) against former, current, and future world champions:
                    Won against Kassim Ouma, Daniel Geale, David Lemieux, Kell Brook, and Daniel Jacobs.
                    Drew against Saul Alvarez.

WBA Super World Middleweight Title (October 2010-present; 19 defences)
                    IBF World Middleweight Title (October 2015-present; 4 defences)
                    WBC World Middleweight Title (May 2016-present; 4 defences)

Has never tasted the canvas. My point is, be reasonable. Don't be one of the half-wits on here who just write whatever they're feeling, have zero humility and are just keyboard tough guys.

The way you express yourself here reveals much about who you are.
                    The WBA regular belt doesn't count and Brook is a fcking welterweight

Geale, lemeiux, murray, monroe jr, wade, rubio and ouma, are all B and C+ fighters. They are not great wins, I mean look at the opening betting odds for those fights

Jacobs is his only great win, never been lineal, etc. People need to stop acting like this guy is an ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      By Cliff Rold - It was one of the sport's longest running stories. Beginning before he even became a fixture on HBO, the legend of Gennady Golovkin was building. He was the guy Felix Sturm was avoiding until he was the guy Sergio Martinezthen Miguel Cottothen Saul Alvarez was avoiding. Then the avoiding stopped. Like Bernard Hopkins close to a generation before, Gennady Golovki...
                      [Click Here To Read More]

I don't believe a word of it, and I believe the Rolls fight will prove that

Golovkin will easily dispose of Rolls, just like he easily disposed of all the other second-tier fighters and JMW's who were not on his level (specifically, Vanes)

heaven't we heard all this before..... ?

before Jacobs:
                      Golovkin will kill him

after Jacobs:
                      Golovkin old doe

before Canelo:
                      Golovkin will kill him

after Canelo:
                      Golovkin old doe

after Vanes:
                      Golovkin is back !!

after Canelo II:
                      Golovkin old doe

you guys can keep believing that Golovkin's age caught up with him in a fight that just so happened to be his first real step up in competition..... but I am too smart for that

because.....

using movement to defuse a puncher is the oldest trick in the book, Corbett proved that well over a hundred years ago..... and I have watched Golovkin avoid a number of fighters because they are mover/spoilers

the Jacobs result is exactly what I expected, I knew that Danny would give Golovkin fits if he kept his game tight and controlled the distance

FACT: if Golovkin had fought a more static opponent who would be "available" during the fight, rather than Jacobs (like they desperately tried)..... then Golovkin would not have suddenly "aged" in that fight.....

but.....

if Golovkin had fought Saunders, rather than Brook (like he should have)..... his "aging" in the ring, would have happened sooner

#styles

I don't know much about Rolls, never seen him fight..... but I know a LOT about Golovkin's selection policy

mover/spoiler - no chance
                      " available " - absolutely, sign here

Team Golovkin are well-aware that if Gennady can land on his opponent, then he will win..... you simply cannot absorb that debilitating punishment for 12 rounds..... which is why they have passed on world-class fighters to chase scrubs

so..... on the blind, having NEVER watched him..... I can promise you that Rolls will be "available" during the fight..... meaning that Golovkin will stop him mid-fight

just saying

Comment

Working...
                      X