No announcement yet.

Broner Shaking His Head vs Mikey Garcia's Fist Pump

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broner Shaking His Head vs Mikey Garcia's Fist Pump

Which is worst, Broner shaking his head after he gets hit cleanly by a power shot or Garcia's fist pump after he gets battered in each round?

With Broner it's to show the judges hey this didn't land in case they were doubting whether the punch landed or not and if it did land he's trying to tell his opponent this didn't hurt me, which normally means that it actually did hurt, but sometimes it works against some fighters, a lot of fighters did that and I don't see the problem, it's like trash talk8ng and it's a part of the game.

I didn't understand what Mikey was doing though, normally fighters raise their hands at the end of very close rounds/fights to let the judges know they feel good and to sway them into giving them the round. With Mikey it was clear as day that he lost at least 11 rounds and it seemed to me that he was celebrating not getting stopped which is something I can't respect. You get paid millions to come in and try to win, whether it's boxing or slugging or whatever, you try and you try until you can't anymore especially at the end of the fight after you lost all the rounds. He didn't do that and was just trying to survive all the way till the end of the fight. No moral victory here. Waste of time and money for the fans really, should've never been a PPV.

Comment

Mikey raising his hands in the air after every round was a joke. Him smiling for merely surviving 12 rounds was even worse.

Comment

Maybe it's a habit. After getting hit a lot of power shots in the face, I don't think he is aware he is doing it.

Comment

Working...
        X