Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Kovalev: Judges, Referee Approved By Nevada Commission

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
    Where are you getting this from?
    Out of his åss as usual, yes he did have something to do with that girl but, media and Canelo Haters like to blow things out of proportion just to discredit Canelo's possible victory.

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
      I'm probably in the minority when I say I don't think the judges are corrupt.
      But, because they're human, they are affected by crowd noise and we know Vegas is Alvarez's "home court", a place where his fans scream whenever he throws a punch, whether it lands or not.
      Kovalev has to know this going in and realize he's not winning a decision unless he gets a knock down or two.
      I don't think you are in the minority, I htink you are spot on. Although, just as judges are subconsciously swayed by the hoe fans (as with officials in any sport) I imagine they are always swayed to the A-side knowing there is probably a more lucrative future there. Not intentionally corrupt though.

Moreover, they probably err to the favorite more often, because its safer to be wrong with the crowd then individually. So if Fighter A is supposed to win, and the round is too close for you to call, you end up giving it to A so you don't stand out in mistake.

Lastly, I think most judges tend to mean regress towards the later rounds; meaning if a late round is close you give it to the fighter you had behind so as to not have a wide (and possibly questionable) scorecard.

Having ambiguous scoring criteria only amplifies these issues.

Comment

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
        Not only a joke but a big disgrace, finally I happened to agree with you on one thing lol although you still the same GGG ball liker M-efer of all time. LOL
        I am biased towards GGG, but far from a fanboy. If anything, I'm much more of a Kovalev fanboy than I ever was GGG's. But all good.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
          Haven't watched that fight.
          Bro, watch it. It’s worth it just to see Byrd have a senior moment for two rounds. There was about twenty seconds of the bell ringing, and the first three rows were all standing waiving their hands to get his attention. Then Briedis knocked him down, and Byrd gave a count (while the bell was still ringing) and when Golowski’s corner came into the ring to let him know the round ended 30 seconds ago, he DQ’d him.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            Bro, watch it. It’s worth it just to see Byrd have a senior moment for two rounds. There was about twenty seconds of the bell ringing, and the first three rows were all standing waiving their hands to get his attention. Then Briedis knocked him down, and Byrd gave a count (while the bell was still ringing) and when Golowski’s corner came into the ring to let him know the round ended 30 seconds ago, he DQ’d him.
            Huh, no shit?

Will definitely give this a watch.

Comment

Lederman is terrible.......

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
                Huh? Adalaide Byrd? She's not one of the judges for this fight.
                Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                Nevada did not give us the Byrd again, just to be clear
                Er... My bad, sorry. I didn't read the article too carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyguy_420 View Post
                  Somewhere along the line, Jay Nady stopped doing major fights, when we all know he's the Best Referee and has been for decades. I figure he kinda started to know he was the best and got a little " high and mighty" behind the scenes,a little mouthy, and Bennett or whoever didn't take kindly to it.
                  Smolger is worlds above Nady. Jay Nady gets way to personal in fights he visably shows anger at fighters every time he is the referee

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
                    I don't think you are in the minority, I htink you are spot on. Although, just as judges are subconsciously swayed by the hoe fans (as with officials in any sport) I imagine they are always swayed to the A-side knowing there is probably a more lucrative future there. Not intentionally corrupt though.

Moreover, they probably err to the favorite more often, because its safer to be wrong with the crowd then individually. So if Fighter A is supposed to win, and the round is too close for you to call, you end up giving it to A so you don't stand out in mistake.

Lastly, I think most judges tend to mean regress towards the later rounds; meaning if a late round is close you give it to the fighter you had behind so as to not have a wide (and possibly questionable) scorecard.

Having ambiguous scoring criteria only amplifies these issues.
                    In addition their viewpoint on a fight is FAR different than ours. I wish they were in elevated seating. Fans get a top down view and can see every second of the action and every shot landed. A judge on the far corner of the ring misses action at times when fighters are clear on the other side. What is a clear 10-9 to us one judge may have it the other way due to missed action.

Comment

Originally posted by minemax View Post
                      Russell Mora, Adalaide Byrd...? Good-luck, Sergey, you will need it.
                      Julie Lederman(Harold Lederman’s daughter) , not Byrd. If Byrd was judging I might not be able to bring myself to the tv on fight night.
                      Mora is usually fair. I do think, in some of his past fights, he has either been to slow or to fast to stop a fight. With all the trauma being in the spotlight right now I hope if anything it’s a lil earlier. Neither of these fighters deserve to be damaged for life!

Comment

Working...
                      X